Marriott Chef de Partie in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built onirrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallestbuilding, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now thelandmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the bestthe world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard forthe finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitiveservice and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gainedstatus as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering serviceand facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of theworld s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW MarriottMarquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road,the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceivedaccommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that isSaray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful culturalinspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctivecharacter and ambience.
Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks andworkers. Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative fooddisplays. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served.Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared. Inform Food & Beverageservice staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items. Prepare special meals or substitute items.Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks. Provide cooks with neededitems. Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food. Maintain kitchen logs forfood safety program and food products. Ensure the quality of the food items andnotify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling,evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; reportmaintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager;complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personalappearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietaryinformation; protect company assets. Address guests service needs. Speak withothers using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positiveworking relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listenand respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherenceto quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extendedperiod of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending,twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and placeobjects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Performother reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTE XT
- A Full Timeposition based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of DirectReports 5-10
- Titles of DirectReports DCDP, Commis
Skills and Knowledge
Education or Certification
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions criticalto the successful performance of the position:
Ensure the quality of the food items and notifymanager if a product does not meet specifications.
Communicate any assistance needed during busyperiods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared andthe portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good foodis not thrown away.
Check and ensure the correctness of the temperatureof appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoringfreezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, andreport issues or problems to facility management.
Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, andfryers to prepare foods.
Report maintenance issues immediately toappropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
Inform Chef of any excess food items that can beused in daily specials or elsewhere.
Maintain food logs for all food products (e.g.,production charts).
Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables,tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet thedepartmental standards, including using sanitizers required by healthdepartment.
Set-up and break down work station with requiredmise en place, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to establishedspecs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, andcleaning station as appropriate.
Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation andcleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issuesto appropriate personnel.
Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures toensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfectinghands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
Follow and ensure compliance with food safety andhandling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out(FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storageareas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments andareas.
Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at thecorrect temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
Maintain kitchen logs for food safety programcompliance (e.g., A1, A2, A3 etc.).
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company FoodSafety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as DubaiMunicipality standards.
Follow guidelines and checklists related to PIC(Person in charge)
Support initiatives related to food safety.
Report any guest complaints or other issues relatedto food safety to the Culinary management.
Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food toidentify needed items and ensure neat and orderly storage, and communicatepotential product shortages, or price changes, to supervisor/manager.
KitchenTools & Equipment
Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately,including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keepingknives sharpened; using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knivesfor particular food item or specific task; using dry pads when moving hotmaterial; and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operatingequipment.
Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuringcups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
Prepare and cook food according to recipes, qualitystandards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishingpriority items.
Test foods to determine if they have been cookedsufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them withutensils.
Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according torecipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
Prepare ingredients for cooking, includingportioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
Monitor food quality while preparing food andthroughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits andvegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks asneeded, and provide cooks with needed items.
Prepare special meals or substitute items, wherepossible, to satisfy guest requests.
Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks andworkers engaged in food preparation.
Determine how food should be presented, and createdecorative food displays.
Safety and Security
- Reportwork related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence tomanager/supervisor.
- Followcompany and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean,safe, and secure environment.
- NotifyLoss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Followcompany, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels LimitedRegional Office policies and procedures
- Protectthe privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintainconfidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensureuniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professionaland in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protectcompany tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with companypolicies and procedures.
- Performother reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Workinghours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Activelylisten and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests usingbrand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) toresolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assistother employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipateguests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to betterunderstand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and actingon them whenever possible.
- Addressguests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engageguests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and areaattractions/offerings.
- Thankguests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcomeand acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendlyverbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supplyguests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities,services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answertelephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name,transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permissionbefore placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowingthe caller to end the call.
- Speakto guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talkwith and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Supportall co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handlesensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy,and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive workingrelationships with other employees and departments.
- Partnerwith and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve commongoals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Complywith quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JWMarriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enterand locate work-related information using computers and/or point of salesystems.
- Stand,sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Readand visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move,lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10pounds without assistance.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001V86