Marriott Chef de Partie - In Room Dining in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Effectively monitor the daily operations of the In Room Dining kitchen, including provide support and guidance to fellow outlet Sous Chef and Chef Tournant to ensure success and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
- Review the daily production sheets with Chef Tournant or sous chef when the first is not present.
- Ability to create recipes and support material, recipe cards, descriptions, and pictures, and to read and visualize same.
- To be fully aware of all menu item, their recipes, method of production and presentation standards.
- Carry out close liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Assume duties of Sous Chef or Chef Tournant in his/her absence.
- Demonstrate initiative at all times.
- Lead and support the junior members of the team.
- Strong desire to improve on skills and knowledge
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline.
- Seek own solutions to the minor obstacles that occur from time to time.
- To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all the times.
- Daily data collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Prepares, and when required, delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely & efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guests service.
- Actively participates in training of culinary skill to junior talent and apprentices.
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met.
- Keeps work station clean and organized including, but no limited to, fridges, freezers, counter tops and stove tops.
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard.
- Keep over-production and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labelling and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses.
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct them with safety in mind at all the times.
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to Sous Chef or Chef Tournant in a timely fashion.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environment policies and programs as required.
- Other reasonable duties as required.
- Make sure to log all information in the kitchen log book.
- Briefing with talent on new happenings and follow up.
- Monitor delivery and delegate to arrange accordingly.
- Cleaning schedule to follow.
- Always assist in line check.
- Kitchen log book to be filled out.
- Run the section with great confident.
- Sense of urgency.
- Efficient distribution of task to below level.
- Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the kitchen team.
- Strong communication & key relationship with the Sous Chef and Chef Tournant of the section
- Stock rotation, FIFO with proper date labelling as per local municipality regulations.
- Vegetables, dried goods and other food related items to be stored properly
- Post graduate and/ or Hotel Management School and/ or completed Apprenticeship with Diploma.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a high volume internationally recognized luxury hotel chain or food and beverage establishment.
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Information system knowledge
- Guest focus
- Problem solving skills
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity.
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Make sound decisions
- Talented chef
- Take initiative
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Able to delegate
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organisational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and preferably another language
- Basic computer skills
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001BY6