Marriott Chef de Cuisine, Il Capo Italian Restaurant - Westin Hotel in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Effectively monitorthe daily operations of the respective outlet, including provide support andguidance to fellow outlet staff to ensure success and effective operationending in a positive guest experience.
- Review allwritten communication, daily/weekly, reservation, rooming list, BEOs, todetermine appropriate staffing levels.
- Communicatewith restaurant manager for smooth running of front and back of the house.
- Responsiblefor maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all outlets arecommunicated to and execute by all hotel operation departments making for asuccessful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Responsiblefor the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures and qualitystandard within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach toensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
- Manage, inconjunction with Complex Director Back of House the inventory, control andbreakage/loss reduction of china, glass and silver as it relates to functionservice.
- Monitorkitchen preventive equipment list.
- Maintain ahigh level of service by constantly training and coaching all direct reportsand talent. Daily training plan in place follow by monthly training plan.
- Inspect andoverseas the cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas,and service areas.
- Coordinatewith Restaurant Manager, Chief Steward, style and engineering to ensure thehighest level of product delivery.
- Responsiblefor monthly schedule and payroll for the outlet.
- Responsiblefor stock rotation, direct purchase and control of expiry food product on theshelving.
- Knowledge ofall food & beverage procedures standards, quality presentation, service andproducts and local health & sanitation standards.
- Estimates andcommunicates daily production needs. Apply line check and MEP monitoring.
- Respondsappropriately to guest needs during hours of operation.
- Ensure thatinternal communication are communicated with on a daily basis.
- Assess qualitycontrol of food cost.
- Carry outclose liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth andefficient service.
- Ability tocreate recipes and support material, recipe cards, descriptions, pictures andto read and visualize same.
- To project apleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all the times.
- Lead andsupport the junior members of the team through training.
- Implementationand monitoring of training matrix.
- Overseas alltalent PMP.
- Seek ownsolutions to the minor obstacles that occur from time to time.
- Daily datacollection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Review thedaily production sheets with Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef when thefirst is not present.
- Prepares, andwhen required, delegates the production of the necessary food items inaccordance with standards in a timely & efficient fashion to ensure thatthere is no interruption to guests service.
- Adhere tostandardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency andensure all standards are met.
- Keepover-production and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labelingand storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses.
- Operate allkitchen equipment and conduct them with safety in mind at all the times.
- Ensures thatall the food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely inaccordance with hotel and government food safety guidelines.
- Monitor alldeficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products torespected department.
- Compliancewith all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safeworking environment with active participation in the hotel health and safetyprogram.
- Adhere to allenvironment policies and programs as required.
- Otherreasonable duties as required.
- Make sure tolog all information in the kitchen log book.
- Work asteam. Assist other outlet when needhelp.
- Work inconjunction with the HACCP to ensure we are in compliance to hotel food safetyand local municipality requirement.
- Expedite theline with great confident and be in control of the pass. Meet guest in the restaurant and create agood rapport with the guest. During service be always with the team and thepass. Paper work should be conducted after or before service.
- It is not theintent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but tohighlight the most important areas of responsibility
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor s degreepreferred.
- Must have at least 12 years experiences in the luxury hospitalityindustry. More experience preferred.
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Information system knowledge
- Guest focus
- Problem solving skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001H3P