Marriott Chef de Cuisine - Bridgewater Tavern in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressibleambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, thelargest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JWMarriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world hasto offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finestproperties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service andrefined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as oneof the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilitiesthat have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s mostdiscerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott MarquisDubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, theheart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation,outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars andrestaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and HealthClub. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finessemakes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Accountable for thequality, consistency and production of the specialty restaurant kitchen. Exhibits culinary talents by personallyperforming tasks while leading the staff and managing all food relatedfunctions. Coordinates menus,purchasing, staffing and food preparation for the property's specialtyrestaurant. Works with team to improveguest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards areachieved. Develops and trains team toimprove results.
- 10 years
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Thefollowing are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to thesuccessful performance of the position:
Settingand Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for SpecialtyRestaurant
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas,relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions forspecialty restaurant.
- Supervises specialty restaurant kitchen shift operationsand ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards andprocedures.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storagestandards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations andflavor.
- Plans and manages food quantities and platingrequirements for the specialty restaurant.
- Communications production needs to key personnel.
- Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items forthe specialty restaurant.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal(e.g., OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of allfood products.
- Estimates daily specialty restaurant production needs.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on aregular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products toensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented and createsdecorative food displays.
- To ensure thatMenu HACCP is implemented prior to starting a new menu.
Leading Kitchen Team
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks andworkers engaged in food preparation.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decisionmaking; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Leads shift teams while personally preparing food itemsand executing requests based on required specifications.
- Supervises and manages specialty restaurant kitchenassociates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associatepositions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, andcooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriatebehaviors.
- Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level ofassociates.
- Ensures associates are cross-trained to supportsuccessful daily operations.
- Ensures associates understand expectations andparameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborativerelationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within theteam.
Establishing and Maintaining SpecialtyRestaurant Kitchen Goals
- Sets and supports achievement of kitchen goals includingperformance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Developing specific guidance and plans to prioritize,organize, and accomplish daily kitchen operations work.
- Understands the impact of kitchen operation on theoverall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve orexceed budgeted goals.
- Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up onassociate accidents.
- Knows and implements Marriott's Safety Standards.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customersatisfaction and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality,standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Improves service by communicating and assistingindividuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, andindividual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmentalmeetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customerservice.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on productquality and service levels.
Managingand Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others andcoaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge orskills.
- Participates in training specialty restaurant staff onmenu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Manages associate progressive discipline procedures.
- Participates in the associate performance appraisalprocess, providing feedback as needed.
- Uses all available on the job training tools forassociates.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring ofassociate team members with appropriate skills.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, andsubordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choosethe best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings(e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
- Followappropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safefor consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food andwearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow andensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, suchas product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, andorganizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, acrossall food-related departments and areas.
- Prepare allpotentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCPguidelines.
- Maintain kitchenlogs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, A3 etc.).
- Maintainup-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area ofresponsibility, as well as Dubai Municipality standards.
- Followguidelines and checklists related to PIC (Person in charge)
- Support initiativesrelated to food safety.
- Report any guestcomplaints or other issues related to food safety to the Culinary management.
- Check and ensurethe correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats andthermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, anddoors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facilitymanagement.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behaviour; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanour - Exhibits behavioural styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent andOrganizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and ApplyingProfessional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001319