Marriott Catering Sales Coordinator in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
As the local, on property Catering Co-ordinator contact for customers, the Catering Co-ordinator is responsible for reactively booking space and entering leads for the for the catering team and proactively soliciting new business from past events. Supporting the Catering Sales Team, Actively up sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. There will also be responsibility at times to conduct site inspections for the events.
The 1608 room JW Marriott Marquis will become the company s flagship property within the region. With 17 outstanding food & beverage outlets and over 4000 sqm of convention space. The business will have to be sourced from the local, national and international arenas. A knowledgeable, well connected, highly motivated Senior Sales Manager will be critical to the success of Hotel.
- Sales & Admin experience, ideally in the International market and ability to demonstrate strong client relationships in the corporate and corporate group segment. Solid sales & account managements skills are essential, with a strong knowledge of group & banqueting trends and procedures. A good researcher, negotiator and client focused approach is required. The candidate should be able to show strong knowledge of constructing and executing sales & client action plans. There should be excellent communication (verbal & written) skills, confident presentation ability and a second language would be an advantage. Direct sales experience is essential (including skills in dealing with travel/event decision makers), with experience in the group/banqueting sales market a desirable asset.
- Catering Sales Experience
- International Market Knowledge
- Opera/Sales & Catering Knowledge
Skills and Knowledge
- Report writing & project management skills
- A strong knowledge of upscale, deluxe hotels
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of the hotel & company pricing policies, as well as negotiation guidelines
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Strong customer and development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including Delphi, Opera, Fidelio, SFA, etc.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170019UT