Marriott Beverage and Food Runner - Level 7 (all day dining restaurant) in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests passions, providing insider access to what s new and what s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
- Serve guest needs by assisting the Food Server with delivery of food from kitchen and completing guest requests.
- Deliver food from kitchen to the guest ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist in clearing, cleaning and set-up of tables, chairs, linens, china, glass and silver for service in an unobtrusive manner.
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- Assist in stocking linens, china, glass, silver, and food items for service; assist in preparation of smaller items such as toast, soup, or beverages.
- Assist in the breakdown, cleaning and set-up of buffets and food stations.
- Comply with the Brand Standards.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Post graduate and basic Apprenticeship
- Minimum one year of food service or related work.
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Guest focus
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity.
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Make sound decisions
- Take initiative
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organisational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Able to read and write excellent English and preferably another language
- Basic computer skills
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marriott International standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: W Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001D7X