Marriott Bartender - Firefly - Westin in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- The successful bartender will be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers needs and expectations; also in accordance with the standard recipes.
- Greet customers, introduce the menus, and inform them about any specials.
- Mix drinks according to recipes.
- Check identification of customers, to ensure that they are of legal drinking age.
- Clean bars, tables, and work areas.
- Operate cash registers, collect payments from customers, and return change.
- Manage bar operation and order and maintain liquor and bar supplies.
- Assist in day to day operations and adhere to brand standards.
- Maintains bar stock in accordance with established standards.
- Ensures security of beverage stock in the bar using key control procedures.
- Controls beverage consumption of guests and stops serving when necessary.
- Reports any shortages to his/her supervisor.
- Polishes glasses and respects all hygiene rules in serving beverages.
- Promote up selling at all levels and by personal efforts through guests contacts.
- Any other duties, which may be assigned to you from time to time as directed by your supervisor.
- College Degree in Hotel Management
- 2 years of experience in same or similar areas
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Guest focus
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity
- Communicate effectively
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Make sound decisions
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Verbal and listening skills
- Writing skills : Able to write plans and reports
Create Team Focus
- Foster teamwork
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
- Execute effectively
- Motivate & inspire others
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Leverage technology
- Share best practices
- Influencing others
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Fluency in English and preferably another language
- Basic computer skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001XPX