Marriott Banquet Supervisor in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Supervises the banquet operation in the responsibilities for set-up, mixing of drinks, service and cleanup for catering bar functions. He/she is expected to direct all effort toward guest satisfaction, the achievement/maintenance of division standards, and profit maximization.
- Adhering to all division and local standard policies and procedures.
- Performing all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient and professional manner at all times maintaining a commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Maintaining a cooperative team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow associates.
- To coordinate all as per of meeting room and function set ups service and breakdown.
- To maintain constant contact with the banquet chef, to ensure conclusion between food production and food service.
- To inspect all public areas (foyer, assembly areas, restrooms) for cleanliness and pleasing appearance. Be aware of the position as representative of management.
- Perform all other reasonable tasks as requested by management.
- Inspect even spaces which have been assigned, making certain that all details conform with the banquet event orders. Review any changes to BEO and relay information to relevant areas or department.
- Check the temperature and lighting. Check staff for the functional and communicate needs or requirements.
- Inspect china and glassware and discard chipped items, also removing soiled items during inspection.
- Check the posting at the entrance to the room for correct spelling, date, location, etc.
- Check the sign-in sheet to be certain the team assigned to the function has signed in for work.
- Supervise the setting of the tables; china and silverware should be properly aligned and spotlessly clean.
- Ensure that all functions, buffets, and coffee breaks are complete and guests ready as seen 15 minutes before the scheduled times. Ensure all brand standard are maintained throughout the set up and service.
- Keep contact person of each group and relay any pertinent information to any area that could be affected by any changes.
- Ensure any additional requirements aside from those of the BEO, have been charged accordingly.
- Inspect the employees uniforms and cleanliness and/or excessive wear. Enforce the department standards concerning nametags, jewelry, hair ribbons, sweaters, etc.
- Draw checks and enter all items to be charged according to the banquet event order. Total the check and present to the guest. Ensure all checks are signed closed and the breakdown complete by the end of the shift.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010WY