Marriott Banquet Server in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
- To provide guest in the Event Operations department with the highest standard of food and beverage service on all functions according to the JW Marriott Standards.
- The waiter/waitress will be responsible for these set up, bussing and clean up of all the following table service necessities as well as the proper storage of this equipment in its proper place after use in the room (to put things in the proper place).
- All Event Operations waiters will be required to completely familiarize himself with the location of each of the function rooms and related areas and the various workable types of set up to include the following: school style, theatre style, conference style, U-Shape, Hollow square, Hollow rectangle, Banquet style, T-Shape, E-Shape, Different types of buffet set up, Coffee Trolley.
- Set up, service, breakdown and vacuuming of all department functions to include: meetings, breakfast, lunch, dinner, receptions, banquet hall cleaners, dances/concerts, exhibits, general cleaning of all area and vacuum, outdoor catering.
- Set up and handle tables, i.e. rounds, rectangles, ovals, schoolroom etc.
- The waiter will be totally responsible for ensuring that each service piece of linen china, glass and silverware is spotless before it is placed on a table, and that each table is set up uniformly.
- Each waiter will be responsible for attending menu class before each of their designated function with the supervisor/managers in able to obtain better food and beverage knowledge.
- To introduce one s self to the guest on one s station and project a warm cheerful, enthusiastic desire to be of service.
- To comply with all safety regulations and company policies as outlined in the Employee s handbook.
- Become totally familiar with how to read a Banquet Event Order (BEO) and how to set a room from that order.
- To ensure that all props after each function is store back in the designated area and handles with great care.
- To ensure that all equipment, fixture and furniture are handled with great care.
- To create a good working relationship with co-workers and maintain a courteous attitude towards the management and all the employees and guests of the hotel.
- To bring any problems that may occur or any special requests by guests to their supervisor s attention as soon as possible.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010WJ