Marriott AYS Agent in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs, including answering calls , dispatching requests and following up to ensure satisfaction with result.
Ensure handling all guest requests as well as taking guest orders.
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- MICROS, OPERA, Guestware, Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone software and other related operating systems
- Flexible and ability to work around the clock
Education or Certification:
- College Graduate-Preferred
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Attend to each call in a courteous and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette according to the Marriott International standards.
Dispatch appropriate personnel to satisfy guest requests and resolve guest issues.
- Assist in maintenance of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages and weekly requisition, etc.
- Maintain a handover log for the next shift, noting any services that are pending to ensure follow up.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests are pending issues.
- Be aware and handle all emergencies according to the hotel policy & procedures.
- Be fully conversant with OPERA and MICROS operation systems.
- Follow up procedures as outlined in At Your Service handbook, as well other appropriate unit and company policies and procedures.
- Take orders for room service and be fully aware of all outlet menus.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
Be flexible according to the business need.
Maintain a log of all guest requests as well as guest response. Information should include:
Guest name, room number and folio number
- Service request issue
- Time of call
- Agent name
- Action taken / resolution
Follow up information, including final status
Print and distribute report per unit requirements
Maintain and be familiar with a directory of information within the hotel and local area information.
Local hotels , address, telephone and fax numbers
- Travel agencies
- Car rentals
- Taxi and limousine services
- Money exchanges
- Bank and automated teller machines (ATMS)
- Local restaurants, hours, type of food , price
- Local attractions, hours, prices
- Houses of worships, hours of services
- Shopping facilities
- Government offices
- Emergency numbers
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001B5M