Marriott At Your Service Agent - Arabic Speaker in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs, including answering calls , dispatching requests and following up to ensure satisfaction with result.
Ensure handling all guest requests.
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months with a great deal interpersonal skills and good level in of physical fitness.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- OPERA, Guest ware, Microsoft Office, AVAYA or telephone software and other related operating systems
- Flexible and ability to work around the clock
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Attend to each call in a courteous and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette according to the Marriott International standards.
- Dispatch appropriate personnel to satisfy guest requests and resolve guest issues.
- Maintain a log of all guest requests as well as guest response. Information should include:
A. Guest name, room number and folio number
B. Service request issue
C. Time of call
D. Agent name
E. Action taken / resolution
F. Follow up information, including final status
- Print and distribute report per unit requirements
- Maintain and be familiar with a directory of information within the hotel and local area information.
- Local hotels , address, telephone and fax numbers
- Travel agencies
- Car rentals
- Taxi and limousine services
- Money exchanges
- Bank and automated teller machines (ATMS)
- Local restaurants, hours, type of food , price
- Local attractions, hours, prices
- Houses of worships, hours of services
- Shopping facilities
- Government offices
- Emergency numbers
- Assist in maintenance of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages and weekly requisition, etc.
- Maintain a handover log for the next shift, noting any services that are pending to ensure follow up.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests are pending issues.
- Be aware and handle all emergencies according to the hotel policy & procedures.
- Be fully conversant with OPERA, Guest Ware and AVAYA operation system.
- Follow up procedures as outlined in At Your Service handbook, as well other appropriate unit and company policies and procedures.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
- Be flexible according to the business need.
- Be aware of emergency procedures and follows Supervisor/Manager s instructions.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001B5E