Marriott Assistant Outlet Manager - In Room Dining - Westin in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the work of staff members and managers in the in the Food & Beverage Outlets while ensuring exceptional service and attention to guests. Assist the Manager, Food & Beverage in the short term and long term goals of the Food & Beverage Outlets.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline staff members and managers in multiple Food & Beverage operations and outlets to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Control labour and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control while focusing on creative revenue generation solutions to maximize profit.
- Prepare daily and weekly payroll as required by the Controller.
- Process and co-ordinate daily P&L deliverables in the areas of portofolio pricing, corporate actions and P&L reporting.
- Managing cost control.
- Continuous updating Marriott knowledge and Brand standards trainings.
- The ability to be visible in the operation, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new patrons.
- The ability to work closely with the Manager, Food & Beverage, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
- Communicate with staff members and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and promote teamwork
- Anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability.
- Observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the restaurant, makes recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Prepare staff schedules which allow for appropriate service while controlling labor costs and overtime.
- The ability to ensure a safe working environment for all employees within the restaurant.
- Promote good public relations and handle complains or concerns of guests.
- The ability to understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service. Also, an expert knowledge of wines and spirts.
- Completions and conducting performance evaluations for all employees.
- The ability to attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Conduct training for staff, implementation of internal food and safety ongoing training.
- Complete all accidents reports promptly.
- Assist with service in all Food & Beverage outlets.
- Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
- To perform duties in the absence of Outlet Manager.
- High school or equivalent education required
- Must have at least 2 to 3 years experience in the position of assistant manager or manager in Food and Beverage.
- More experience preferred.
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Information system knowledge
- Food and Beverage knowledge
- Guest focus
- Problem solving skills
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity.
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Make sound decisions
- Take initiative
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Able to delegate
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organisational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Fluency in English and preferably another language
- Good computer skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001XPQ