Marriott Assistant Group Sales Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Responsible for proactively soliciting business for the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. This position is accountable for proactively soliciting and managing Group. Stay related opportunities within assigned segments, industries and territories with significant revenue potential. Aligns customer profile with the appropriate product. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards.
Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Provides service to our customers in order to grow the account on behalf of Marriott International.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant
Management, or related major.
Previously a sales executive/manager in 4/5 star hotel.
Experience of selling in GCC countries desirable but not essential.
Fluent Arabic both oral and written desirable but not essential.
Marriott sales experience is desirable but not essential.
Skills and Knowledge
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken
words and sentences.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word
processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or
services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control
Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic
process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems
and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses
and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to
develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Active Learning - Possesses a zeal for and seeks new learning experiences; quickly comprehending and
applying new information to the job.
- Building Credible Relationships - Skilled at establishing effective relationships with customers and internal
partners; promoting openness, trust and confidence in one's intentions.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the
audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information
to understand and address customers' needs.
- Drive for Results - Skilled at setting goals for personal and group accomplishment; working tenaciously to meet
or exceed those goals.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and
accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at controlling sales assignments; allocating appropriate time to priority goals,
requirements, and sales opportunities.
- Problem Solving / Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities;
using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Sales Disposition - Energetic, proactive, takes calculated risks, and perseveres to attain goals.
Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic
Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account
Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the hotel that are outside parameters of the Event Booking
Handles all opportunities if hotel does not participate in an EBC.
Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and each hotel s revenue goals.
Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
Understands the overall market - competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand
etc. and knows how to sell against them.
Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
Utilizes Marriott Global Source for resources and information (e.g., Training Energizers, etc.).
Leverages available eTools (e.g., eRooming Lists, eProposals, Passkey, etc.).
Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include
sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales
Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
Conducts site inspections.
Creates contracts as required.
Supports brand s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence
throughout each customer experience.
Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
Executes brand s Customer Service Standards and hotel s Brand Standards.
Executes and supports Marriott s Customer Service Standards and hotel s Brand Standards.
Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract,
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy
Service Basics, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or
TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and
ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 1700131S