Marriott Assistant Cost Controller in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
The position champions and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand s target customer and property employees. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment.
Education and Experience
4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; minimum of 2 years of experience in the same field required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Supporting Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- Analyzes financial data and market trends.
- Assists in analyzing information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Assists in developing means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans
- Protects and strengthens our competitive advantage by advocating and supporting sound business and financial decision making.
- Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
Leading Accounting Teams
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Communicates the goals and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers' clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
- Holds staff accountable for successful performance.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Supports property strategy from a finance and accounting perspective
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Ensures appropriate corrections are made to audit results if necessary.
- Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Generates and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Understands the owners' perspective and ROI expectations.
- Anticipates and addresses owner needs and involves ownership in key decisions.
- Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the property's strategies and to lead own team.
- Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Attends owners meetings in order to provide context and explanation for financial results.
- Attends meetings and communicates with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of all key stakeholders.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: Edition Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17000T1G