Marriott Account Manager - UAE Market Organization in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the relationship of an assigned key account portfolio in their local market. The primary intent is to drive top line sales and shift market share in all business segments. As the local, sales contact for their designated territory, the Account Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting business for all participating properties and brands, whilst proactively managing relationships with multiple stakeholders. The position is responsible for handling large transient, group and catering related opportunities via portfolios with significant multi property revenue potential. Key focus is to align Marriott s customer profile with the appropriate product, whilst achieving personal and team related revenue goals. Acts as an expert for their managed accounts and demographic area together with working alongside key stakeholders to ensure managed account revenue targets are achieved through strategic account management.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT / CANDIDATE PROFILE
Above Property Sales is now a growing, integral part of our business. Profitable revenue and market share generated through via Market Sales is growing and our UAE Hotels have an opportunity and obligation to grow profitability in the local, national and international marketplace. The ultimate success of a Market Sales strategy is now critically dependant upon strategic, knowledgeable, well trained and fully aligned Above Property Account Management roles, working in close collaboration with the other Market funnels, Revenue, Marketing, E Commerce, PR and EBC teams to drive profitable market share through all available channels.
- Minimum 4 years pro active sales experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up-sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Ability to develop and implement successful sales strategies and strategic sales plans for individual accounts
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong organization skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including SFA, NGS, Delphi, Opera etc.
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor s Degree preferred
Attach the Leadership Competencies template that corresponds to the career band for the position.
Balanced Scorecard Results: Supports strategies and conducts activities to drive market share, guest satisfaction and financial results.
- Sales and Marketing: Focuses on building the top line revenue for multiple properties and brands. Proactively solicits and manages large transient, group and catering related opportunities with significant revenue potential. Upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Achieves individual and property s sales goals to enable business success.
- Guest Satisfaction: Ensures sales information provided to the properties is accurate, complete and timely and enables units to meet or exceed guest expectations. Continuously focuses on improving guest satisfaction to create customer loyalty and increase market share.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Sales and Revenue Management
- Maintains and grows business of existing accounts based on targets set in conjunction with key stakeholders involved.
- Account leader/owner for key Market accounts; creates sales strategy for account penetration. Coordinates and completes sales activity and follow-up with account team members, where applicable (Global Sales, On Property Sales)
- Executes sales activity and strategy to achieve agreed account targets for all hotels in market sales and brand where appropriate. (Sell International Hotels where customer requires subject to International Booking Fee conditions)
- Work in harmony with GSO and On Property Sales to support business closure of key accounts managed to the benefit of stakeholder hotels.
- Communicates group details throughout organization after opportunities are booked.
- Identifies and develops new markets/segments from accounts managed, including International where applicable.
- Proactive Sales Saturates and penetrates assigned accounts for group, extended stay, catering and transient business. Maintains current business relationships and networks for new business within accounts
- Executes sales strategy to achieve goals for all assigned hotels.
- Develops contracts and correspondence, manages opportunity details and proactively develops customer solutions.
- Works independently or centrally, depending on account, with Special Corporate/MICE/ Segment to establish appropriate business transient pricing for assigned accounts. Coordinates pricing process for Market hotels
- Preparation of CBC and account RFP process via the MarRFP pricing tool.
- Creates sales strategy for account penetration for all accounts managed. Utilizes sales organization resources as needed in account saturation.
- Proactively manages relationships with multiple contacts in assigned market accounts.
- Hotel Communication Coordinates with hotels for site inspections and entertainment. Updates hotels on the status of their accounts and pending business and ensures follow-through and property buy in on customers service needs.
- Strategic Direction Works with Market Director on account productivity, opportunities and strategic direction.
- Maintains accurate and up to date account data and reporting using account management system (Opera)
- Participates on Global Sales Organization account teams as needed.
- Utilizes MarrWeb for resources and information (Training Energizers, etc.).
- Leverages available eTools (eRooming Lists, eProposals, Passkey, etc.).
- Conducts site inspections.
- Creates contracts as required.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality; exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
- Establishes clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
- Transfers accurate, complete and timely information to operating departments at the properties.
- Effectively resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of property leadership team as appropriate.
- Participates in guest satisfaction review sessions to identify areas of improvement. Takes ownership of results and shares recommendations to address guest service issues.Other
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170013Q4