Bechtel Corporation Lead Piping Field Engineer Job in Taweelah, United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 184539
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
Relocation Authorized: International - Single
Project No.: 25875
Salary for the position will be based on current market rates for the position”.
Lead Piping Field Engineer (LDFE)
The Bechtel Petrofac Joint Venture has been selected to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services to deliver a 2 M tons per year Alumina Refinery in Abu Dhabi’s Khalifa Industrial Zone.
As part of the BPJV Construction Management team, the Lead Piping Field Engineer is responsible for providing field engineering support to construction activities related to the Piping Scope across the project. Reporting to the Project Field Engineer, in all undertakings the Lead Piping Field Engineer supports the project and contract schedule, the project budget and complies with the project safety standards, the project quality standards and the design and specifications. The lead piping field engineer provides leadership, guidance and support to all piping field engineers working across various contract packages on the project.
The contract packages that the Lead Piping Field Engineer is primarily dedicated to are unit rate contracts for Construction works only (SMP packages), however they also support other lump sum turnkey (LSTK) contracts as may be required.
The Lead Piping Field Engineer is responsible for activities relating to Piping Field Engineering, undertakes activities relating to construction engineering within the piping discipline. Duties include interpreting piping design drawings and specifications, piping installation and fabrication including pipe hangers, hydro-testing, insulation and inline piping components, field verification of materials, and aiding field piping personnel as required.
This is a site based position.
1. Complies with Al Taweelah Alumina Project Site Work Rules at all times.
2. Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design issues relating to the piping discipline such as underground and above ground piping installation, pipe supports, hydro-testing and insulation
3. Establish a piping design/field engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the project engineering team, including agreement on piping engineering deliverables, engineering schedules and overall construction application configuration management.
4. Responsible for quantity take-off, control, tracking, reporting and forecasting for piping discipline, where necessary.
5. Specify the piping criteria for the construction of temporary construction facilities as required.
6. Direct the preparation of requisitions for field procured materials, material substitution, services and equipment such as pipes, valves and hangers. Approve field requisitions as delegated by the Project Field Engineer.
7. Reviews and processes Contractor document submittals relating to piping in support of the contract schedule. Reads and understands the various Contracts
8. Review material receiving reports and warehousing to assure delivery of correct piping materials and correct storage measures are implemented.
9. Coordinate and monitor the interfaces for piping data exchange to support the construction automation plan and the project controls program requirements at the jobsite.
10. Develop and manage the piping construction quality program.
11. Direct preparation of cost estimates for piping construction activities and coordinate the preparation of cost reports, forecast and progress reports, where necessary.
12. Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to plan/support construction schedules.
13. Plan, develop and recommend piping, hydro-testing and insulation installation procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure construction operations are within requirements of engineering design and specifications.
14. Work with customer’s construction, engineering, quality (and operating personnel where applicable) to coordinate piping construction activities this includes identification, communication and timely resolution of any issues or changes relating to piping discipline scope.
15. Coordinate subcontract activities to ensure piping materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications, where necessary.
16. Implement controls over variables affecting piping scope progress such as resources and material availability (including Contractor supplied material). Also ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and ensure that other corporate programs are fully utilized and construction schedule is being supported.
17. Assist with administration of major subcontract changes regarding the piping discipline and represent the company in major contractual discussions and negotiations, where necessary.
18. Perform other duties as required by BPJV management.
19. Validate and submit (discipline) construction quantities for Quantity Unit Rate Report (QURR) tracking. Interface with Project Controls for submittal of quantities to ePCWorks.
20. Active participation and leadership in change management processes onsite including contractual changes. Processes Requests for Information (RFIs), Field Change Documents (FCDs) and Nonconformance Reports (NCRs) using the Project Technical Request (PTR) system in support of the contract schedules. Follows up with stake-holders involved in processing PTR documents to ensure timely resolution
21. Co-ordinating and overseeing hydro-testing planning, test package development and implementation across multiple Contracts
22. Co-ordinating and overseeing piping insulation planning and installation across multiple Contracts
23. Provides leadership, guidance and support to all piping field engineers working across various contract packages on the project
24. Actively engaged and leads construction hand-over process including development, review and management of construction records relating to piping activities required for turn-over packages.
25. Attends BPJV training, inductions, functions (including team building sessions), as necessary
26. Engages in preparation of construction drawings, sketches and schedules, where required.
27. Assists other construction engineers, superintendents, supervision and contractor personnel in interpreting design drawings, specifications, monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
28. Reviews and/or assists with the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
29. Analyzes assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
30. Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, ethics and schedule.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of ten years relevant work experience including both design and construction piping roles.
Have extensive working knowledge and direct experience of piping installation, hydro-testing and piping insulation activities including all associated inspection and testing requirements.
Experience working with EPCM Contractors overseeing unit rate contracts preferable. Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
Strong computer competence and literacy Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Database applications. Familiarity with current Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) preferred.
Must be familiar with current industry piping standards.
Excellent (English) written, data and oral skills.
Intermediate knowledge of Project Technical Requests (PTR) for routing and resolving Requests for Information (RFIs), Field Change Documents (FCDs), and Non Conformance/Compliance Reports (NCRs) between project sites, contractors, clients, and home office.
Intermediate knowledge of work packaging, ability to manipulate completions module and TEAMWorks for interface with the BPJV Pre-Commissioning team.
Intermediate understanding of production management including scheduling.
Strong interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills.
Intermediate knowledge of cost management including estimating and forecast development.
Ability to engage with staff from all levels, disciplines and functions.
Ability to prioritize work and perform well (maintaining professionalism) under pressure
Displays dedication to fulfillment of responsibilities and encourages the same in others
Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s Ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s Quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.