Bechtel Corporation Hydrate Planner Job in Taweelah, United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 184720
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
Relocation Authorized: International - Single
Project No.: 25875
“Salary for the position will be based on current market rates for the position”.
The Bechtel Petrofac Joint Venture has been selected to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services to deliver a 2 M tons per year Alumina Refinery in Abu Dhabi's Khalifa Industrial Zone.
Performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises planning/scheduling activities when delegated. Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identifies schedule-associated cost trends for management attention.
Responsible for the SMP works planning activity on the ATA project for the Hydrate Preparation facility and other scopes as required. Implement and review the Work Front Analysis (WFA) concept with the SMP contractor on monthly basis and provide the required mentoring / training. Manage SMP & E&I contractor's interfaces.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers, in the home office and at jobsite(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Prepares project control plans and detailed staffing utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
2. Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
3. Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
4. Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
5. Ascertains that the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules.
6. Integrates interdiscipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties. Works with the performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
7. Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
8. Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned disciplines or specialties. Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Develops required jobhour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules. Performs invoice preparation for payments based on cost loaded schedules as required. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
9. Reviews schedule data, and identifies and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
10. Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting interdiscipline requirements. Identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
11. Develops and monitors short term (2-4 week) engineering and/or construction schedules.
12. Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals, and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
13. Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports.
14. Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule, and prepares and presents the Schedule Impact Report (CIAR).
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel. Skilled in oral and written communication.
Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications. Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used by Bechtel (e.g., PCWorks, Primavera, and Microsoft Project).
Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project's Ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects
Quality: Commitment to the Project's Quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors' evaluations of work performance
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project's Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.