Bechtel Corporation Cost Engineer - Trend / Back Charge Job in Taweelah, United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 185390
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
Relocation Authorized: International - Single
Project No.: 25875
Salary for the position will be based on current market rates for the position.
Cost Engineer responsible for supporting the Home Office Project Controls team with specific focus on providing support for trends and back charges. This includes estimating changes and coordinating with other functions to prepare all back charge and trend documentation in support to the Sr. Trend / Backcharge Cost Engineer. This cost engineer will develop and produce trend and backcharge reports and dashboards, input information as needed into the Ecosys Cost System.
The Bechtel Petrofac Joint Venture has been selected to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services to deliver a 2 M tons per year Alumina Refinery in Abu Dhabi’s Khalifa Industrial Zone.
Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises cost engineering activities when delegated.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Prepares Project Controls plans including trend and backcharge reports including estimating and coordinating development of back-up documentation from other functions is support of the trend and backcharge program.
2. Assists in preparing cost data and analysis for trend and backcharge reports.
3. Participates in on-the-job training programs.
4. Determines scope definition requirements for a discipline or other specialty, and works with Engineering and other sources to coordinate the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
5. Performs or coordinates quantity development and verification for a discipline or specialty. Develops, or assists in the development of, quantity bases for estimates in support of trends, claims and or back charges.
6. Performs, or coordinates the performance of, pricing structure development and application to takeoffs, derived quantities, quantity assumption, and cost allowances within a discipline or other specialty.
7. Plans, coordinates, and directs preparation of specific budgets. Assists in developing requirements for budgeting estimates and inputting cost and commitment data in to Ecosys cost system.
8. Develops and implements requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
9. Understand and applies project code of accounts and cost codes commitments and payments as is necessary. Assists in maintaining project codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
10. Identifies or defines data sources and techniques for data acquisition, and collects required data for a specific discipline or other specialty applications.
11. Assists in evaluating and applying unit hour and unit pricing for a specific contract, commodity or other specialty, Performs data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations.
12. Implements and maintains project dashboards as required and evaluates status and analyzes performance metric results, and identifies opportunities for improvements.
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
Statistical knowledge in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, and hypothesis testing for metrics.
Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and nontechnical personnel.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller account codes, and an understanding of Controller instructions, which impact Project Controls. Has intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s Ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s Quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.