Arup Structural Engineer in NA, United Arab Emirates
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
The role will require the production of design calculations and preparation and review of drawings at all stages of a project, from feasibility through to site completion. Other responsibilities will include:
• Project and team administration duties,
• Producing project related correspondence and reports,
• Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
• Co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines.
Requirements and skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• demonstrable buildings-focussed structural engineering design experience
• a strong analytical knowledge and understanding of engineering principles
• a desire to work constructively in a team, finding holistic building design solutions in a multidisciplinary environment
• the ability to communicate clearly, through sketching, speaking and in writing, with clients and design teams
• experience of undertaking steel and concrete design to Eurocodes, American Codes using structural analysis software where appropriate
• excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with a proven ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
• the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• an engineering degree, ideally at Masters level
• graduate membership of an appropriate professional institution (IStructE or ICE), and be on the way to achieving chartered status
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
• design experience of working on commercial or residential buildings
• experience of working with existing buildings
• an interest in coding or programming to solve engineering problems
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Benefits include cover under the UAE Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance and Personal Accident Insurance cover. These are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Title: Structural Engineer
Location: United Arab Emirates-NA-Dubai
Requisition ID: DUB00002B