Arup Senior Structural Engineer in NA, United Arab Emirates
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
• Leading the structural engineering design for projects or major parts of large projects
• Working closely with designers of other disciplines to produce co-ordinated designs
• Managing the project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
• Planning and monitoring use of resources on projects
• Attending meetings and communicating with clients and design disciplines to establish their needs
• Managing the production of drawings and reports and preparing co-ordinating structural specifications
• Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Assisting with developing and encouraging sustainable building design on projects
• Assisting with developing new project opportunities with existing and new clients
Requirements and skills
The successful candidate will have:
• a flair for structural engineering design and a practical understanding of building
• a desire to work in a multidisciplinary team finding holistic building design solutions
• a love of exciting architecture
• a strong ability to communicate: with the team, with the client, through sketching, through drawing and in writing
• experience with steel, concrete, superstructure, substructure and foundation design plus other structural materials
• proven experience in supervising a small team producing drawings, models and calculations
• a proven ability to deliver on time and within budget
• degree qualified, ideally at Masters level
• Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate professional institution such as IStructE or ICE
• a desire to travel both locally and internationally
• a desire to develop new project opportunities through developing relationships with architects, developers and contractors.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Benefits include cover under the UAE Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance and Personal Accident Insurance cover. These are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Location: United Arab Emirates-NA-Dubai
Requisition ID: DUB00002D