Arup Senior Mechanical Engineer/Associate in NA, United Arab Emirates
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Associate who is chartered looking for technically challenging work on cutting – edge projects; to join our established Building Engineering Team in Dubai.
Our aspiration as engineers is to design market-leading, Mechanical Engineering Systems that push the boundaries and create a lasting legacy. We work in an interdisciplinary environment and aim to formulate Mechanical Engineering Systems that maximise value for our clients whilst minimising the environmental impact.
You will play an active role in all stages of our projects from feasibility through to completion.
Projects will primarily be focused in the commercial, industrial, science, healthcare, and mission critical sector and include offices, manufacturing facilities, laboratories, and data centres.
Currently the Building Engineering Team in Dubai is involved with many projects across the Middle East from concept design through to practical completion.
• Developing engineering solutions from concept through to implementation stage
• Being innovative in changing the design of buildings through a knowledge of Mechanical Building Services Engineering
• Working closely with key stakeholders to deliver solutions which exceed client expectations
• Maintaining an overview of Mechanical Engineering design quality
• Supervision and management of the detailed mechanical design and drawing production
• Maintaining high technical standards consistent with the project brief
• Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs
• Communicating and liaising with clients and managing client meetings as required
• Project leader on multi-professional projects with high Mechanical Engineering content
• Managing project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
• Supporting senior management in business and technical development
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
Requirements and skills
We are looking for an enthusiastic Associate with excellent design, technical, and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
You will be able to demonstrate solid experience in the field Mechanical Engineering Systems for building services.
You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your engineering skill.
Skills and Capabilities
• Degree qualified in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, and have achieved Chartered status through either IMechE or CIBSE
• At least 3 years design experience within Arup (if internal candidate)
• A deep understanding of a broad range of building design issues including high-end and/or complex buildings, from design through construction.
• Proven track record of leading and participating in client and stakeholder engagement.
• Experienced in forecasting, planning and managing resource vs workload.
• Demonstrable track record in delivering excellent technical quality and commercial performance on mechanical design projects, technical advisory projects and mechanical contribution to multidiscipline projects.
• Experienced in leading, as well as working within teams on multi-disciplinary projects and interacting with a wide range of engineering and planning disciplines plus external architects and PM’s
• Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines is essential
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
• Have good awareness of building design beyond own discipline
• Creative thinker with proven experience of developing and implementing creative and successful bids and engineering solutions
• Excellent project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects
• Able to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects
• Ability to motivate individuals to work collaboratively as a team
• Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
• Able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness
• Experience of working in the Middle East to local codes and standards and procedures for Local Authority approvals.
• Public Health Engineering design skills
• Basic Electrical Engineering skills sufficient for reviewing the work of junior electrical engineers
Key Behavioral Competencies
• Works effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Communicates effectively
• Results focused
• Desire to challenge
• Client focused
• Enjoys working with others
• Creative, inquisitive and enjoys solving problems
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UAE Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance and Accident Insurance. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security (UK specific only).
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer/Associate
Location: United Arab Emirates-NA-Dubai
Requisition ID: DUB000028