Arup CAD Technician in NA, United Arab Emirates
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
• We are looking for a qualified and experienced CAD person to provide transport planning and infrastructure planning technical support
• Within masterplanning projects, work across urban design, transport and infrastructure planning to ensure an overall concept design fits together and satisfies each discipline’s individual requirements
• Develop engineer’s concepts and sketches into accurate drawings, through direct communications
• Manage drawings submissions and ensure proper QA/QC protocols are implemented
• Help teach engineers and new technicians the software skills necessary to be successful in their jobs
• Engage in the development of office BIM procedures/standards and facilitate their implementation into projects
Requirements and skills
• Proficient with 2D Design - Auto CAD
• Solid experience in transport and infrastructure planning
• Proven ability to develop road and infrastructure design concepts
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn are key attributes to be demonstrated.
• Ability to work extended hours to meet project deadlines
• Able to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
• Good planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Good communication skills are essential for team-based working
• Strong command of oral and written English
• Working knowledge of local highway design standards
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Benefits include cover under the UAE Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance and Personal Accident Insurance cover. These are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Title: CAD Technician
Location: United Arab Emirates-NA-Dubai
Requisition ID: DUB00002A