Schneider Electric DESIGN TEAM LEADER in Mussafah, United Arab Emirates
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of its entire people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
We are looking for a seasoned, experienced professional Design Team Leader. He/she will be responsible for
- Provide Technical support for Tenders and Projects
- Responsible for timely production of technical documentation (calculation, drawings, manuals and BOQ when required) during order stage in coordination with REU’s and other suppliers
- Support Tendering team (by preparing standard technical offers for regular customers also by supporting in complex offers preparation) and build technical library to include the above
- Provide technical advice for equipment selection and project optimization
- Define with the Project Engineer the list and schedule of design activities for a specific job
- Estimate the required man-hours and personnel to execute all the design activities for a specific job in consultation with the Project Engineer
- Verify the availability and accuracy of all required technical information in order to minimize the mistakes in the project
- Produce all technical documents required by the project or the customer in accordance with the schedule agreed with the Project Engineer
- Carry out all design activities with the objective of success of the project in terms of quality, duration and profitability
- Provide Technical clarifications to the Customer during the Design submission/approval stage and attend meeting if required to clarify and accelerate the approval process
- Co ordinate with the Suppliers Designs Department for Customer clarifications and Manufacturing clearance
- Provide equipment Ordering assistance to the Project Engineer
- Compile customers’ standards and prepare Schneider Equipment compliance statements against them
- expert on Electrical calculation study such as Short withstand current calculation, selectivity study and relay setting, CT & VT calculation, cables calculation, capacitor calculation, current earth fault calculation
- Assist the tendering team in evaluating and updating the quotation tools
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have good communication and Interfacing skills.
Minimum of 7 years of experience in MV/LV products Design (especially with regard to MV /LV Switchgear Ecofit Solutions and MCC)
Must have good Application Knowledge in Protection relays
- To work Flexible hours as per job requirement.
- Knowledge on Windows MS Office / MS projects /Auto CAD associated program
- Knowledge of Schneider Electric products / Protection relays is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Relay co ordination /Short circuit studies such as ETAP or its equivalent software.
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi-Mussafah
Unposting Date: Jun 14, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 0038XV