General Electric Pre-Sales Solution Architect in Jebel Ali, United Arab Emirates
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Pre-sales Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. In this role, you will collaborate with internal Oil & Gas and corporate development teams, product management teams and commercial sales teams to help drive sales of the Industrial Internet, Asset Performance Management, and Predictivity Solutions.
In this role, you will bring technical and business requirements back to our development teams helping ensure our solutions continue to meet our customer’s needs. The Pre-Sales Solutions Architect will provide technical support to our sales and business development activities by leading APM Assessments to architect solutions and produce customer proposals.
In addition you will:
• Establish a deep understanding of our customers business and technical needs
• Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates
• Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level supported by a business case and roadmap tailored for the customer
• Provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape SW products including the Oil & Gas APM bundle
• Have the ability to be customer facing and drive deep technical whiteboard sessions aligning our current SW capabilities plus our product roadmaps with our customer’s business outcomes
• Provide deep SW / HW technical architecture feedback to our product management teams to ensure proper solution design
• Have the ability to drive key customer facing meetings and events, particularly C level discussions
• Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
• Build link to Outcome selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated in our GTM messaging, assessments, RFP’s and proposals
• Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE customers from their current state to the target GE Oil & Gas APM Digital Strategy by deploying industrial internet offerings in concert with other GE Products & Services
• Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives with key stakeholders (customers and GE teammates)
• Be part of a sales team that meets and exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
• Identify and remove technical obstacles that could prevent a sale
• Deliver solution demonstrations that focus on the customers’ desired outcomes
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math), Business, or Economics from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 10 years of experience working in software solutions design and/or software sales
• Willingness and ability to travel 30% of the time
• Significant expertise in developing, selling, and delivering SW / HW solutions, including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
• Deep understanding of the technology stack to include OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
• Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
• Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university
• Demonstrated strong business acumen, problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Jebel Ali
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.