Fairmont Kitchen & Laundry Mechanic in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
Kitchen & Laundry Mechanic
Responsible for all kitchens and laundry machines and equipment of the hotel and other engineering repair and maintenance works
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Proper handling of engineering repair and maintenance supplies, spare parts, machines & equipment
- Proper planning and implementation of Engineering Maintenance Schedule in-term of kitchen and laundry maintenance and other areas to avoid equipment and machines breakdown
- Immediate action to rectify problem in terms of repairs and breakdowns.
- Submit necessary reports required by Duty Engineer or Chief Engineer
- Coordinate with concerned departments or sections in courteous and efficient manner before work implementation with the supervision of Duty Engineer or Chief Engineer
- Ensure that property and equipment are maintained in safe and efficient operating condition.
- Must be able to order the parts through the manuals
- Willing to help other trades in their work
- Must be able to carry out general maintenance works related to other trades like minor electrical and plumbing work.
Previous experience is an asset
Education in technical studies or equivalent qualification with previous experiences in a similar role.1 to 2 years of kitchen and laundry technician work experience preferably in a five star international hotel chain.Ability to perform general repair and maintenance duties.Should be able to work under policies and regulations and must be in good physical condition.Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, and the ability to find fault and rectify systems are essentialsExcellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: FMA00214