Cardinal Health Regional Sales Manager - Africa in FIELD, United Arab Emirates
Sales Manager Africa
Sales Manager is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Direct Sales function.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Accountability for the ongoing development and execution of the continuous improvement global strategic framework, and core value proposition, in strong collaboration with the Cardinal Health value streams, matrix functions and other related business partners.
• Measuring and monitoring effectiveness and continuous improvement of related strategies to meet evolving Cardinal Health and business partner needs and drive a continuous improvement culture across Cardinal Health
• Leading and developing a diverse, global team of continuous improvement and lean experts.
• Ensuring that we are resourcing our teams with the right talent and have the processes in place that allow us to deliver on our current and future portfolio needs
• Reaching out and tracking the levels of satisfaction across Cardinal Health and business partners to ensure an ongoing focus on meeting and exceeding our customer requirements
• Managing P&L through forecasting and monitoring expense budgets relating to Continuous Improvement responsibilities and resources
• Provide accurate quarterly and annual revenue forecasts
• Partner with key stakeholders in the development and alignment of strategies and priorities for continuous improvement
• Monitor market developments, trends and competitor activities and integrate these into ongoing strategic directions and action plans.
• Develop marketing plans and objectives, strategies and tactics based on deep understanding of market dynamics
• Create mutually productive relationships and strong network with all relevant stakeholder groups, including key opinion leaders, medical groups and hospital executives, as well as Distributor colleagues in-market.
• Position Cardinal Health as a partner in healthcare delivery with key decision makers within the healthcare system
• Liaise with Supply Chain & Market Access colleagues to ensure that supply is accurately planned and maintained. Monitor inventory and provide accurate product forecast.
• Use business intelligence and analysis to manage and inform a sales funnel
• Effectively influence internal and external stakeholders
• Comply with Cardinal Health Finance and Legal policies and procedures, respond to both Internal and External Audit enquiries in a timely manner, and ensure follow-up on Action Items to address Audit recommendations.
• Ensure that the Company’s agreed quality standards are maintained about its products, procedures, policies, operations and customer contact
• Recruit, coach, evaluate and motivate the sales force and instill a positive perspective and team spirit.
• Develop in collaboration with Marketing a pricing strategy and product positioning
• Identifying new market opportunities, barriers to entry, economic situation, and potential revenue impact on the business, etc.
• Identifying potential competitive threats.
• Providing open and candid feedback regarding all business activities through established processes
• Identifying and communicating “Best Practices” for profiling, targeting, positioning and selling that can be leveraged across Africa
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience in the health care field
• Extended knowledge of the medical device industry
• Experience in dealing with members of the medical profession and customers as well as key opinion leaders
• Strong commercial acumen
- Degree in Business, Health or Engineering Science.
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
- Strong and effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven leadership and employee development abilities
- Proven ability to work within and a manage a complex team environment
- Strong drive to win, ability to inspire others and external/customer focus
- Ability to work across teams and develop strong business relationships
- Strong organizational and time management ability
- Ability to absorb complex technical product knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple product areas and multiple customer call points
- Proven business interest and acumen
- Networking skills
- Computer literature - MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to travel approximately 40-60% of the time
- Some international travel will be required
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.