APR Energy Technical Analyst - Supply Chain in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Supply Chain, Engineering/Technical Support
The Technical Analyst - Supply Chain is responsible for assisting the Technical Manager - Supply Chain with strategic initiatives to best support the (3) respective departments under Supply Chain (Procurement, Inventory, Logistics) from an Engineering/Technical focus.
· Study and comprehend the unique technical component requirements for all new projects and existing power plants.
· Maintain a detailed project specific priority tracker on any critical equipment that is ETO (Engineered To Order), long lead time based on project demands, or extremely high impact.
· Reviewing Item Master records for accuracy of description and attachments; then work with the MDM (Master Data Management) team to update accordingly.
· Interface with global Supply Chain team members to ensure they are receiving the right level and timeliness of any needed technical support for their respective roles.
· With the support of Supply Chain team members and 3rd party logistics support, ensure accuracy of the identification of parts, quantity and condition of assets and inventory on hand and in the JD Edwards inventory module.
· Serve as a liaison between Engineering and Projects to obtain/relay critical intel so the Supply Chain family of departments can better execute against established budgets and timeframes.
· Support the Technical Manager - Supply Chain with ongoing dynamic responsibilities as they are identified.
· Assist in developing training material and SOP’s for Supply Chain to improve the team members’ overall technical comprehension, which will allow them to perform their jobs more efficiently and accurately.
· Responsible to track technical issues/solutions/response time within the Supply Chain family to develop KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) so issues are better documented and mitigated for future scenarios.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience based on review).
3+ years’ experience in a similar technical role
Solid technical applications skillset.
English proficiency required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on customer facing interaction, customer service, and presentation.
Strong knowledge in MS office tools specifically Excel.
Ability for creative and abstract thinking for problem solving and solution proposal.
Ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty.
Analytical skills to arrange data, develop reports, metrics, etc.
Ability to communicate effectively (i.e. explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals).
Excellent organization, task, and time management skills.
Management experience is a plus
External Company Name: APR Energy
External Company URL: aprenergy.com