AECOM Systems Assurance Chief Engineer, Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Systems Assurance Chief Engineer, Dubai
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
AECOM is currently seeking a Systems Assurance Chief Engineer based in Dubai, to be responsible for the overall management and planning of works and activities related to the development and administration of the Rail Agency’s System Assurance and Compliance efforts, including but not limited to the development, management, implementation and maintenance of the required systems, processes and procedures.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Define Systems Assurance (SA) approach for the Agency for current and future contracts.
• Develop (as required), implement and maintain Agency SA Policy, Procedures, Standards and Specifications.
• Plan and develop the Agency Safety Certification Program, SA Plans and procedures.
• Lead the sample Review of Contractor’s SA deliveries, including but not limited to:
• Results of HAZard IDentification Workshops (HAZIDs).
• Management of the Hazard Management / Hazard Log and organize qualitative and quantitative risk analysis.
• Develop SA Models to demonstrate the achievement of Safety and RAM performance goals.
• Oversight Deterministic Safety Assessments.
• Oversight Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
• Responsible for the final approval and verification of design safety reviews and safety case reports, and design/requirements compliance audits.
• Support and liaise with the Future Operator / Engineer and Contractor in order to ensure delivery of the Agency Operational Safety Case Report;
• Conduct (sample) Site Verification / Validation / Inspection to ensure that all Rail Projects are designed and constructed in accordance with the SA requirements and the hazard mitigation measures.
• Monitor the implementation of the Contractor and Operator in identified hazard mitigation measures.
• Conduct RAMS and HAZID Analysis as required.
• Provide line service technical and management SA support across the Agency.
• Monitor Contractor’s RAM Demonstration / Failure Report and Corrective Action Reporting System (FRACAS) activities.
• Support the RA ISA Focal Point in management of ISA.
• Review and monitor ISA deliveries.
• Conduct Internal and External SA Audits and Compliance Audits.
• Provide training and guidance to the Agency staff in SA applications.
• Ensure timely issuance of the monthly SA Progress Reports on basis of inputs from RA Departments.
• Support SA Project Risk Management activities.
• Responsible for leading the coordination of SA Standards development.
• Coordinate for the update of Dubai Metro Safety Case as a result of additions / alterations / modifications / material changes.
• Provide supports and allow resources for the development of the Agency Safety Management System.
• Review safety performance results from Future Operators.
• Participate in accident / incident investigation and follow up with any corrective actions plan.
• Analytical Thinking – Ability to evaluate various means and ways of problems/ Issues resolution. Sound engineering and management background to effect and encourage creative and innovative problem solving techniques.
• Application of Theory to Practice – Ability to understand engineering technical submissions and ability to turn engineering theories to practical solutions. Ability to review work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
• Time Management – Ability to deploy available resources, tools and time management methodologies that increase efficiency and productivity to fulfill objectives.
•Excellent knowledge and extensive working experience with international programs and standards, functions, systems and procedures, especially EN 50126 and all appropriate to Systems Assurance.
•10‑to‑15 years practical experience in Systems Assurance in large scale infrastructure projects in either public or private sector.
•Must be computer literate and knowledgeable in various types of computer programs, such as analytical and scientific software, compliance software, and graphic imaging and CAD technology.
•Possess ability to perform multitasking, following up and planning abilities, time management, and good computer skills.
•Good communication skills, fluent in technical report writing and group facilitation; presentation skills, and fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language an advantage.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164026BR