Hilton Sous Chef - Banquets in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A Sous Chef - Banquets with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts is responsible for managing all aspects of Banquets as well as building and maintaining Banquet menus in close relation with our C&E team, to deliver an excellent Guest and Team-Member experience while managing food provisions, guest queries, and controlling costs.
Ideally the candidate is European trained, has been in a similar position for at least 2 years and has a proven track record in high end banqueting.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As a Sous Chef Banquets, you are responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen, starting with Banquet menu development, to implementation and guest delivery through tastings and ultimate function delivery to achieve excellent Guest and Team-Member experiences.
A Sous Chef would also be required to manage food provisions, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Manage the provision of food to F&B outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Sous Chef - Banquets serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant qualifications for this role
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
- Visibility and a hands on man on the job
It is necessary in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for food
- Menu development and implementation
- Interpersonal skills (guest interaction)
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts --- offering the opportunity to visit extraordinary places with one singular experience.
Numerous landmark hotels around the world
More hotels in construction
Offering world-class spas
Gorgeous golfing destinations
Title: Sous Chef - Banquets
Requisition ID: HOT0425C