Oracle Software Developer 4 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Software Developer 4
- Independently manages all aspects of team projects and
engagements (technical and non-technical). For example: POCs, support
escalations, pre-sales engagements, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Demonstrates solid solutions architecture capabilities
leveraging in-depth knowledge of Data Integration and Big Data best practices, including
functionalities/capabilities, implementation issues, and performance,
integration and installation implications.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in his/her area of
expertise and works effectively with field resources, support, product
management, and engineering to ensure that customers are successful with Oracle
- Provides constructive product feedback (customer
requirements, product’s shortcomings, enhancements, etc.) to product management
- Becomes a trusted advisor to field personnel, such as SCs,
instructors and Oracle consultants, as well as product management. Establishes
credibility and trust with both external and internal customers.
- Plays a key technical role in guiding customers, support
analysts, and engineers in resolving critical customer and product
issues. This includes taking ownership of questions, researching the
questions with other groups within Oracle, and following up in a timely
- Is sought out by, and frequently provides expertise and
advice to other team members, Oracle consultants, solutions specialists, sales
consultants, partners, product managers, and customers.
- Works with customer and account team to understand POC
requirements and success criteria and ensures that the correct products are
being utilized to build a POC solution.
- Assists with support escalations by helping support
analysts with troubleshooting and also works directly with customers to help
generate test cases, etc. as required.
- Produces best practices information to support, A-team
members, and customers through Wiki’s, white papers, and tech notes.
- Successfully collaborates and communicates with senior
members of the A-Team, PM and development organizations to ensure recommended
best practices are followed in Pre-sales and Post-sales situations wrt.
install, configuration, architecture, development, operations
- Effectively balances customer needs and requirements with
team and company charter, proactively seeks advice in case of conflict
Has full Cloud software development lifecycle experience
Demonstrates solid understanding of Enterprise Architecture
concepts & issues. Has the background and product expertise to understand
complex application integration scenarios.
- Has a strong grasp of ODI and surrounding technologies, in
particular Big Data solutions and technologies
Applies best practices specific to Oracle technologies
Has “hands on” experience in developing complex,
distributed system architecture solutions, bringing together the appropriate
resources and products (including third party products) needed to construct a
- Has extensive knowledge of industry drivers, issues, &
strategic directions covering current and emerging technologies
- Has knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Architecture
concepts & related issues
- Recognized as an expert within the team and within Oracle
in one or more Oracle technical areas and is solid contributor with a track
record of successful customer engagements.
- Is the technical “go-to person” for their area within the
group and independently collaborates with product management and
engineering. Routinely solves complex problems by applying creativity and
expertise while not losing sight of “the big picture".
- Models engineering best practices in engagements.
This includes clarity and completeness of internal and external deliverables
including, but not limited to, software designs, code quality and performance,
thoroughness of testing, attention to documentation, and generation of bugs and
- Possesses excellent troubleshooting skills and instincts
that are applied in a systematic manner to help customers resolve critical
- Is able to exhibit professionalism in high-stress
- Exhibits creativity and resourcefulness in architecting
solutions to meet customer requirements and can frequently create workarounds
to difficult problems.
- Explains implementation details of Oracle platform products
to customers at the appropriate level of detail. Works collaboratively with
engineering architects and leads to ensure that the answers provided are
complete, technically accurate, and in line with the design, implementation,
and best practices.
- Works with product management and engineering on product
phase reviews to help shape the future releases
- Explores and rapidly learns new technologies and Oracle
products in a self-directed manner. Demonstrates an understanding of how our
technologies and products are used to build solutions on POCs, demos, etc.
Familiar with both Windows and Unix style operating systems
Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL.
Solid understanding of Big Data and Cloud technologies.
Solid understanding of Web technologies like HTTP and HTML.
Solid understanding of Java, Java EE and related
technologies including but not limited to XML and web services.
- Strong understanding of message oriented middleware
concepts and can incorporate them into solutions
- Has a strong knowledge of and experience in one or more of
the following areas:
Oracle Data integrator implementations with heterogeneous databases, Big Data
environments, cloud applications and/or in house applications
o SQL query optimization
o Data warehousing
Visibility, Influence, Leadership, and Teamwork
Ability to take a fresh and unbiased look at their own work
Getting and valuing the constructive feedback of others
Willingness to reconsider and backtrack
Communicates clearly and effectively in any setting with
any audience in both written and verbal contexts.
- Effectively manages their time and delivers assignments on
- Proactively works on establishing relationships with
appropriate organizations and key people within Oracle
- Works effectively in a team environment whether in a
leadership role or secondary role
Demonstrates tact and diplomacy
Maintains good report and demonstrates leadership and
teamwork in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates good negotiation and relationship building
- May represent Oracle by speaking at external technical
conferences, training classes, workshops, etc.
- Is customer-focused and able to build confidence with
customers and sales teams at all levels by understanding issues from both a
technology and business standpoint.
- Assimilates information rapidly in sometimes stressful
situations and is able to convey complex ideas in a professional manner.
- Successfully works with various technical and non-technical
resources inside Oracle to resolve customer and partner issues rapidly and
- Influences the technical decisions of other team members
and product development teams with his/her experience and technology expertise.
- Typically 9-14 years of industry experience in sales
consulting, consulting, or equivalent technical customer facing roles such as
- Proven expertise with Oracle Data Integrator, preferably including hands-on Big
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire