Honeywell Senior Solution Architect (ICT & Security) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Senior Solution Architect (ICT & Security)
Working within the Sales Support Centre team, as a Sr. Solution Architect you will work with senior staff members (internally) and senior procurement officers (externally) and you will be responsible of the delivery of the high quality Solutions & Bid Proposals on time, and in line with Honeywell standards of quality.
You will be responsible to manage one or more enquiries (direct invitation to Honeywell via Sales and/or Business Development Teams) or bids open in response to open tenders. You will also be required to manage the bid process within the guidelines established by Honeywell bidding processes and procedures. You are required to Travel at short notice and required to stay for short periods of time to Qatar, Kuwait, Oman and other countries in Middle East to support the ICT & Security Projects in line with Company Travel & Security Policies.
- Design jobs for the purpose of providing Sales estimates. This would include value engineering, developing the design to a level that will enable robust product, labor and sub contractor estimating
- Following a win participate in the official handover by consolidating all documentation in a timely and accurate manor as per the document management standard.
- Develop best strategic supplier BOM options for selection in estimates.
- Participate in obtaining Sub contractor & vendor quotes.
- Ensure use of most current standard library of designs to keep the cost of delivery as low as possible.
- Document assumptions, exclusions and specification deviations for inclusion within the proposal.
- Obtain regular feedback from operations to ensure estimated internal labor hours accurately reflects actual requirement
- Work closely with Supply management with the request for quotation process for contractors and vendors.
- Provide input and assist with the evaluation and selection of contractors and vendors
- Work with the remote engineering teams to ensure we maximize the use in support of this productivity initiative
- Responsible leading the use of engineering consistency, use of engineering standards and tools
- Responsible for driving estimate quality, accuracy and timely production
- Work with sales to assess estimating productivity, win rates and facilitate feedback.
- Represent business when required to provide feedback or contribute to requirements definitions or testing of new estimating standards, tools or processes.
- Support the Risk Review and Booking process as well as other Sales support functions to allow maximum Sales Reps time with prospect customers.
- Comply with all required policies
- Comply with Health & Safety Policies.
- BTech/BE degree in Electronic and Communication Engineering from a reputed University.
- Security System Trainings and Certifications.
- ICT System Training and Certifications.
- Hand On Estimation Experience.
- 10+ years ICT & Security experience estimating, selling, project implementation or an equivalent combination of experience in Middle East.
- Working Knowledge of all Security Systems Honeywell (EBI, DVM, Temaline) and Third Party Systems (Milestone, Genetec etc.)
- Working knowledge of ICT systems with the reputed Network (Cisco, HP etc.) and Structured Cabling System (Fumo, Systimax, Excel etc.)
- Should posses the knowledge to Design and engineer all the Security systems complete with ICT and do estimation for the same with the help of supply chain.Prepare Drawings,
- Compliance Statements and Submittals in line with the highest Honeywell Standards.
- Proactive approach and provide customers value engineered solutions and products that help meet the budget of the customers.
- A working knowledge of existing hardware installations and upgrade requirements to current technology. Be knowledgeable for new products and applications as they are introduced.
- Be proficient with Standard Hardware Drawing tool set for submittals.
- Re-use is the focus here.Excellent PC skills including strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and MS Project Knowledge.Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent Contacts with ICT & Security Suppliers in the Market.
- Job ID: HRD2730
- Category: Sales
- Location: Dubai, DBA ARE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.