Citi Senior Portfolio Counselor - Citibank Abu Dhabi in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates,Dubai,Dubai
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Sales
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17035757
Main objective is to support and coach Senior Relationship Managers (Snr RMs) and CPC RMs with regards to portfolio construction and portfolio reviews in order to provide superior investment advice to CPC clients, thereby increasing client satisfaction and share of wallet of existing clients and successfully acquire new clients.
Mission of a Senior Portfolio Counselor (“Senior PC”) is to provide holistic advice through the portfolio review process and instill the Portfolio Approach in the branches and with the RMs they are working along. Senior PC ensures delivery of Citi’s view in terms of investment strategy to RMs and clients.
Work closely with and Snr RMs/CPC in order to ensure clients’ portfolios are in line with the investment strategy of the bank. The senior PC will leverage Citi research to promote investment themes and conduct portfolios reviews.
Attend important client meetings and assist Snr RMs/CPC in addressing more complex client needs or requests.
Track evolution and potential concentration trends of the investment product portfolio and individual clients’ portfolio in order to ensure alignment with Citi’s portfolio strategy.
Ensure full and best usage of Advisory Tools. Contribute to the further development of sales advisory tools in order to ensure alignment with the banks strategy and an optimal usage by RMs.
Partner with Product Managers to deliver top quality products by providing feedback; give inputs into development of the Investment Products offering in line with clients’ needs, market opportunities and the bank’s product development strategy. Monitor market trends and work with Distribution and Product teams to recommend new product ideas.
Cooperate with the Regional Head of Investment Research in order to transmit Citi’s view and recommendation to the Snr RMs/CPC; ensure research communication is consistently implemented towards clients, create awareness and understanding in the business.
Partner with the sales force to identify product training needs and any special requirements. With the help of product specialists, ensure that the Snr RMs/CPC or Client knowledge / training needs are identified and addressed. Help ensure and balance through education that ALL products are offered to ALL clients based on their needs and not limited to the client’s or RM’s current knowledge of particular solutions. Help spread knowledge of the innovations introduced by Citi more efficiently to the Snr RMs/CPC and client base.
Critical Skills/experience required:
• Degree in a quantitative, finance or economics discipline is a must. MBA/CFA or other finance related post-University degree is a plus
• Strong understanding of financial market and economies, market topics and investment products
• Strong product knowledge
• 8-10 years of experience in investment advisory / investment research / Investment product management
• Experienced and comfortable in presenting to a variety of audiences, from small, focused groups to large conference venues, internal and external audiences
• Arabic Language preferred
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including public speaking experience. Ability to explain complex financial and economic topics in easy to understand language.
• Strong client focus and capacity to recognize and assess risks and opportunities.
• Strong analytical and influencing skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Team player, collaborative and team oriented work
• Self-starter with high work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile
• Fluent in English & Arabic
• A track record of working for at least 5 years in an investment advisory position would be highly desirable
• Willing to be based in Abu Dhabi
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer