Honeywell Sales Account Manager - Callidus in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Position Overview: * Grow Callidus sales in the Middle East through via selling to end users, EPC firms, and OEM firms and manage sales channel partners within the geography * Develop and deliver sales revenue and margin targets within budgeted expense and pricing guideline for the account region and/or specific projects consistent with overall UOP objectives Responsibilities:
Opportunity Identification, Qualification & Prioritization:
* Define a robust pipeline to ensure delivery of annual sales revenue and gross margins
* Proactively identify and develop sales opportunities for new projects and aftermarket business
* In addition to projects worked directly, work with sales channel agents / distributors to expand opportunity pipeline.
* Implement a Management Operating System (MOS) to drive pipeline development and account strategy
* Foster a "hunting" mindset and work in ambiguous contexts, taking risk and actions to generate new business
* Use other disciplines effectively (particularly Product Line Managers) to facilitate opportunities for expansion within existing projects
* Manage the customer base for the identified regions, develop a clear understanding of assigned customers, in particular with respect to their business drivers, buying behaviors, and decision making structures
* Support sales team members to prepare objective-driven, actionable plans that document how and when to meet the strategic goals for top prospect/customer and support prospect/customer business growth. Refresh plans annually, or more frequently if necessary.
* Position relevant process technologies and equipment with a view to ensuring UOP's success as well as maximizing sales revenue
* Develop strategies for complex sales prospects in consultation with sales management, sales support groups, and the other Strategic Business Unit’s (SBU's) whose products or services are involved
* Leverage HON resources to maximize business potential within target accounts; proactively work to prevent leakage of existing business
* Drive Management Operating System (MOS) with channel partners in region to ensure alignment and growth for both new units and aftermarket business
Negotiations, Closing and Administration:
* Ensure that each project has a written Project Specific Sales Strategy including a Blue Sheet and that each strategy is reviewed and updated with input from Sales Support, Business Leaders, Service, and other stakeholders as applicable
* Organize and lead internal quote/proposal review and pricing/bid strategy meetings
* Prepare and issue commercial offers
* Draft, negotiate, and finalize appropriate agreements to close sales
* Understand UOP's objectives and positions and take a lead role in the negotiation and closure of sales
* Come to a 'win-win' for Honeywell and the customer; consistently secure new business, building and navigating contracts and applying financial acumen; demonstrate ability to identify and deliver creative solutions to close deals
* Effective administration of deals post-closing (credit, logistics, forecasting, inventory management, etc.)
* Complete win/loss reports for projects with thorough project reflection
* Manage receivable collection efforts with finance staff
Industry & Customer Knowledge:
* Understand customers' (and competitors’) economic drivers, strategic business objectives, technical requirements, how their decisions are made, their positions in the market, their opportunities and their challenges
* Understand competitors’ value propositions and their channel approach
* Provide customers with a value-added perspective and make strategic recommendations regarding the best way to overcome new or unforeseen challenges within customers.
* Understand alternative technologies in the customers’ space * Demonstrate assertiveness and comfort in debating and discussing issues with internal and customer stakeholders * Gather competitive intelligence directly from stakeholders or via MOS with sales channel partners and communicate with Product Line Managers and Marketing Articulating/Delivering the Value Proposition: * Relay what makes Honeywell unique/preferred to competition, customize the message to the audience, provide feedback to marketing * Weave customer's organizational needs, functional needs, and personal needs into the final value story; put it into relevant terms for customer, matching customer needs to our products/solutions, position ours better than next best alternative * Work with Honeywell / UOP businesses to incorporate Callidus equipment and services into the broader value proposition Manage Momentum Through the Sales Cycle: * Act with speed and tenacity when facilitating the prospect/customers through the sales process; apply appropriate tactics to guide the process towards a favorable decision * Generate a constructive tension that motivates the customer to act; remove problems and handle objections without taking no for an answer; network within customer organizations and develop peer-to-peer rapport with all customer contact levels, including the executives while driving the sales cycle * Forecast sales, including project description, full value revenue, timing, probabilities, payment terms, commission in Salesforce.com (SFDC) * Develop effective customer relationships through the sales process; assist UOP Senior Leadership in developing relationships with key customer executives Organizational Agility: * Effective navigation within the internal Honeywell structure (across disciplines) to get things done * Focus on partnership, collaboration, building and participating in effective teams; utilize internal/remote resources, including specialists, cross-functional colleagues, and senior management, in a manner that both maximizes the chance of a successful outcome for Honeywell within the sales process and the return-on-time spend of those resources; focus on process improvement, rapid response and problem solving * Assist UOP management with managing the interface with key clients * Assist in identifying and communicating cross-SBU project opportunities to the relevant SBU * Work with other Global Sales team members to position relevant process technologies with a view to ensuring UOP's success as well as maximizing sales revenue * Frame the equipment opportunity during the licensing phase to position for the most favorable outcome to UOP / Honeywell
Qualifications & Experience: * Bachelor of Engineering, Business or Technical Field * Minimum of 5 years of cumulative experience, including sales or sales support experience in refining/petrochemical industry. * Ability to travel 50% * Must have a deep knowledge of the combustion, refining or petrochemical industry. * Strong knowledge of the project evolution process including financial approvals, permitting, FID or regulatory approvals, etc. * Significant sales related experience with end users and EPCs in the region. Experience with heater manufactures is a plus * Ability to drive growth through channel partners * Understanding and successful navigation of working with support functions such as tax, legal, risk, finance, project execution, supply chain, etc. * Excellent oral and written communications skills * Solid ability to listen for opportunity and client needs * Ability to work in a collaborative team environment * Ability to sell into a competitive market place and achieve premium prices by communicating the value achieved by the customer using UOP products and services * Demonstrated ability to work and interface effectively with other sales and support functions to move projects forward in a positive manner * Ability to drive momentum through the buying process for complex sales opportunities * Ability to think globally and look toward broadest possible view of issues * Strong business focus with demonstrated priorities of setting the customer's needs first * Ability to teach customers by framing the way customers assign value to UOP products and services * Ability to work independently * Strong analytical skills * Proven ability to build and maintain strong business relationships * Strong business acumen, bias for action and results orientation
Click here to learn more about the Honeywell UOP Callidus business.
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out our One Honeywell Culture video on the Honeywell YouTube Channel.
Is this job not an exact match to what you were looking for? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. For more information, please visit our career site.
Title: Sales Account Manager - Callidus
Requisition ID: 00351733