Fairmont Rooms Controller in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Front Office Rooms Blocker will provide an uncompromising high level of accuracy by controlling room blocks and assignments of all arriving VIPs and FPC guests, and through their recognition and amenity selection. The FORB will also ensure that guest requests are met in advance, and their preferences are honored by pre-blocking ‘Special Requests’. The FORB will assist the Front Office team in coordinating the day-to-day rooms operations of the Front Office.
Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Nine contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates Fairmont’s Brand ServicePlus Standards in all interactions
- Oversees day-to-day room assignments
- Blocks all VIP and FPC guests in appropriate rooms, based on their profile requests, previous stays, and recorded preferences
- Reviews Special Requests, block appropriate rooms, and provide a comprehensive list to Housekeeping
- Assists the Front Desk team by answering telephone calls using Fairmont Telephone Etiquette
- Merges profiles of daily arrivals to ensure we have the pertinent information that will enable us to further personalize the guest’s stay
- Assists in the handling of the reports and administrative processes of the Front Desk (high balance, credit report, etc.)
- Follow up on amenities for VIPs and FPC guests
- Assists guests as well as colleagues and Leaders at the Front Desk as needed
- Assists the AFOM on duty in controlling the house count, selling out, and/or handling overbooked situations
- Provides backup support to the Front Office Management team
- Answers telephone calls according to Fairmont Telephone Etiquette
- Adheres to Fairmont Green Environment
- Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Adheres to Fairmont Service Plus
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Front Office Manager
- Performs any other duties as requested by Director of Front Office
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, responsibility, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Proficiency in the English languages (verbal & written), a second language, such as Arabic, is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collected.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, and Opera PMS systems is recommended
- 2 years minimum experience in customer service
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking during the shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: DBI02317