Hilton Hostess - Social by Heinz Beck in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A Hostess with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is responsible for greeting guests and serving the needs of guests who experience the food & beverage facilities of the hotel.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a team member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our guests a single rich experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As a Hostess, you are responsible for greeting guests and serving the needs of guests who experience the food & beverage facilities of the hotel. A Restaurant Host/Hostess is also responsible for organising and maintaining order within the restaurant reservations area, including the logging of bookings and enquiries. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Follow the phone standards as per standard operating procedures (SOP) and respond to bookings and all enquiries
- Greet all guests to the correct standard and escort them to their allocated tables with menus and wine list
- Present the waiter in the station according to the SOP
- Ensure that the log book is completed after each service period
- Keep tidy the host/ess desk
- Answer all telephone calls to the correct standards and deal with all guest enquiries and reservations
- Ensure the reservation diary is kept up to date with all guest names, telephone numbers, guest information and special requests
- Allocate daily bookings to the table plan
- Ensure that all the menus and memos are ready at the desk prior each service
- Demonstrate knowledge of the menus and wine list and readiness to answer any enquiries from the guests
- Comply with hotel licensing regulations as well as health and safety and fire regulations
- Ensure an adequate supply of checks, printer rolls and neat storage of each
What are we looking for?
A Hostess serving Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other team members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Customer service experience
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in similar role
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts --- offering the opportunity to visit extraordinary places with one singular experience.
- Numerous landmark hotels around the world
- More hotels in construction
- Offering world-class spas
- Gorgeous golfing destinations
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Hostess - Social by Heinz Beck
Requisition ID: HOT0487C