Fairmont Fitness Manager in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Responsible in the planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of the Fitness Division while dealing the technical aspects of fitness provision and health and safety. Accountable for the overall profitability of the department including the successful launch of the Fitness component of the Wellness program currently being tailored.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total ofsix food and beverage outlets on property plus 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air includinga Mediterraneanand a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Designing and promoting activities to meet customer demand and generate revenue
- Overall management, evolution and development of all leisure facilities
- Advertising and promoting the health club to increase usage and generate additional members
- Recruiting, training and supervising colleagues-supporting all in their achievement of individual responsibilities and goals
- Coordinate the development of activities and initiatives to generate leads by networking the local area and maximizing the opportunities for sales
- Coordination of marketing plans to promote wellness activities, PT interest and drive membership sales
- Carrying out health and safety checks on the equipment and site area
- Managing maintenance, insurance, repairs and cleaning of equipment and facilities
- Efficient handling of all complaints and incidents- e.g. Accidents, emergencies, theft.
- Delivering fitness training or coaching in sports activities in order to engage with guests and develop team members
- Create and develop innovative classes and programs
- Preparing and managing budget
- Purchasing equipment and supplies/management of stock control
- Overall supervision of health club colleagues
- Ensuring leisure activities/initiatives remain up to date with trends in the industry/sector
- Organising fitness activities and/or programs
- Maintaining statistical and financial records ensuring regular analysis
- Developing new facilities
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Must have a minimum of three years management experience in the fitness field
- Proficient in English language (verbal and written) with a second or third language as an asset
- Must hold Personal Trainer Certification through an internationally recognized certifying agency or organization
- Comprehensive knowledge in instructing and leading exercise in an adult fitness setting using proper form and spotting techniques
- Previous experience in administering PAR-Q, Health Risk and History, Fitness Assessment and Client Consultation
- Previous experience in lifestyle wellness techniques
- Previous experience in group class instruction of yoga, pilates, movement arts, aerobics, body conditioning, cardiovascular exercises will be an asset
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, Fidelio PMS system, SpaSoft, and Micros is recommended
- Certified in basic first-aid training courses.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
*APPLY TODAY: *Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future is waiting!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 10.Jun.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: PMI01509