Microsoft Corporation EPG Industry Data Solution Architect in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
An Industry Solution Architect Data Services (I-DSA) possesses deep industry solution expertise and drives high priority customer initiatives in collaboration with industry POD, WW Industry team and Microsoft field. The I-DSA is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud analytics experience. I-DSAs own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts… The ideal candidate will have long experience in customer facing roles and success with target industry customers leading business process, cloud analytics, architecture, and design discussions with customer executives to drive deployment of industry solutions.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
• Drive deployment of C+E target industry solutions into C+E Cloud (Azure required + CRMOL and ERPOL) and increase the consumption these solutions and the related Azure data and analytics services, including SQL Database, Document DB, SQL Data Warehouse, HD Insight, Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Data Factory, Event Hubs and Notification Hubs
• Establish deep relationships with key OT/IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud data adoption as mean to resolve business problems within their company.
• Lead mapping of business/ industry solution goals & requirements to Azure Data based architecture and data technology solutions while taking a systems-wide view of the customer's existing solution data landscape.
• Architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions, including technical feasibility and proposal development for Big Data storage, processing and consumption (e.g., development of enterprise Data Lake strategy, heterogeneous data management, Polyglot Persistence, decision support/BI over Data Lake)
• Deep focus on Data/IoT related Azures services including… Analytics, Data + Storage (SQL Database, Document DB, MySQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, SQL Server Stretch Database, Azure Search), Intelligence, Internet of Things, Hybrid Integration (Biztalk Services, Service Bus), Compute (SQL VMs, Oracle VMs, Biztalk VMs)
• Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios
• Drive the quality of the onboarding plan (with Microsoft Consulting Services and Industry Solution Partners)
• Report on progress of customer as business objectives; Ensure plan execution by Industry Solution Partners
• Coach other technical sellers; document and share technical best practices / insights with Engineering teams and the solution architect community.
Who we’re looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on target industry organizations (data architecture focus)
• 5+ years of experience with deep understanding in databases and analytics, including Big data (Hadoop, Spark), noSQL, Business Analytics, relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing,
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects in target industry (managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• Understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns
• Knowledge of real time/stream analytics
• Highly valued: experience using R; experience with Marketing or Risk analytics solutions for Enterprises
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, SalesForce, Accenture/Avanade, Google, Softlayer, GE, Siemens, Dassault Systemes, Temenos, Misys, SAP, Oracle
• Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• MBA optional
• MS in fields related to target industry a plus