General Electric EID Healthcare, Service Sales Intern, EGM in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
An enrolled student at an educational institution, working on a project or a specific assignment at GE to fulfill academic requirement or to gain practical training and is recruited into GE as an intern with the intention of converting him/her into a full time hire for leadership program or an entry level position. Works on projects often requiring independent decision making, these projects are normally scoped to last between 2 and 3 months in duration, but can last for as long as 2 years.
• Develop & recommend targeted campaigns by country/product for GE Healthcare’s options & upgrade (O&U) portfolio
• Act as focal point between equipment & Service Sales team to fine tune potential & optimum product offering
• Develop PowerPoint presentations and other graphic presentations to communicate progress, share best practices
• Analyze commercial data with excel, SalesForce.com or any other tool
• Track & communicate on campaigns progress by product, sales rep
• May be asked to take on certain aspects of a full-time job within the function the intern is studying. For example, may be asked perform a cost-out opportunity analysis if from a finance background or a product configuration optimization if from engineering background
• May be asked to participate in early talent events, seminars or trainings.
• Support the business with other defined assignments where trust and accuracy are required
High School Diploma, GED or local equivalent
Committed and eager to contribute, learn and develop
Current enrollment in a degree program that will lead to a bachelors or technical degree or equivalent in the function (or similar) in which the intern will work OR has a bachelor’s degree or technical degree in the function (or similar) he or she is interning in.
Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
At least 24 credit hours of coursework toward a bachelors/technical (or equivalent) degree in the function you are interning or a recent graduate from a Bachelors/technical program in the function you are interning.
In countries where applicable, a GPA of at least 3.0
Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction
Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.