Fairmont Coordinator, Learning and Development in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Learning and Development Coordinator
The Learning and Development Coordinator will carry out activities and programs, in conjunction with the Learning and Development Manager, to support hotel strategies in the areas of recruitment, retention, training and development and turning Moments into Memories..
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of six food and beverage outlets on property plus 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air including a Mediterraneanand a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Conduct Hotel Orientation and brand related trainings
- Develop training content and conducts soft skills training courses
- Maintain and update Learning and Development Communication Boards on a weekly basis
- Maintain training records
- Handle all the administrative duties for the Learning & Development function; such as communicating the training calendar, organizing training venues, monitoring attendance and feedback
- Lead the employee recognition activities
- Track Colleague Performance Management
- Assists and support colleague activities and events throughout the year
- Highly passionate about Turning Moments into Memories and WOW Service Culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional public speaking skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise work assignments
- Positive and supportive team member
- Ability to identify hotel training needs by conducting focus groups and analyzing hotel measurements
- Hospitality experience is an advantage
- Previous training/Learning and Development experience is preferred
- Adminitration/organization skills are essential
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 13.Jul.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: PMI01530