Cisco CDA Project Manager in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
CDA Project Manager
Location: Dubai, Dubayy, United Arab Emirates
Area of Interest Project or Program Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1213250
Who You'll Work With
The Country Digitization Acceleration (CDA) Pursuit Team is responsible for working with government and industry leaders to accelerate the national digitization strategies to drive GDP growth, create jobs, build an innovation ecosystem and create an agile government and economy. Cisco with lead the world into the Digital Age just as the company did in the Information Age.
There are several CDA Pursuit Teams throughout the world based in EMEAR, the Americas and APJC. CDA Pursuit Teams are led by an Engagement Director or CDA Country Leader and supported by a Project Manager and Economic Analyst. These teams help the Country Leader shape the Cisco CDA offering to accelerate the country's digitization strategy through proven Internet of Everything (IoE) use cases and the full breadth of Cisco products and services. Cisco projects the Internet of Everything (IoE) to be the largest wave of technology-enabled public and private sector transformation since the Internet was introduced.
What You'll Do
The Office of the Executive Chairman is seeking a CDA Project/Program Manager to focus on Country Digitization Acceleration programs in the United Arab Emirates. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in both working with Cisco Country Leaders and teams as well as government and industry leaders to deliver additional bookings while simultaneously supporting the development of intellectual capital and thought leadership.
The Project Manager supports the CDA Country Leader in the customer engagement and will perform all project management duties for CDA programs following a well-defined process of CDA acceleration.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Strong interaction and continuous alignment with Cisco country leadership, and Country CDA Lead in planning, coordinating and supporting the success of the CDA Program in the country.
• Plan and keep cadence of the program activities to timely achieve the CDA objectives, investments and bookings while proactively monitoring progresses, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action orchestrated with the country CDA Lead.
• Develop master plan and schedule for the CDA program in country with associated priorities, interdependencies, resources, etc.
• Proactively support the country CDA lead and track leaders in action, execute on the CDA planning, and check that activities and deliverables are submitted on time according to plan.
• Manage the CDA Tracks products and services order entry and check consistency with the CDA investment plan.
• Guarantee orders are entered in the procurement tools with all the documents and data compliant for the approval from finance teams and other approvers when required.
• Tracking of orders and all admin archive and ensure compliance with Cisco’s audit requirements.
• Create and maintain a plan with financials, resources, services and products delivered into tracks/projects and those planned by the Track Leaders for the current and future quarters investments as planned in the CDA program
• Coordinate financial process (monitoring, forecasting, etc.) with finance teams
• Develop dashboards and tools to document, monitor, track and report progress of program in country.
• Plan and chair regular cadence of meetings, status update calls, and internal steering committee sessions with Cisco country leadership team, track leaders and projects stakeholders
• Work closely with Cisco internal resources, vendors, partners or subcontractors in order to develop scoping documents, place order, develop proposals, etc.
• Support as required project planning and management needs from the CDA track leaders
• Track & manage program risks and issues across all the CDA initiatives in the country
• Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the CDA Program in Country
• Proactively reach out to counterparts and teams in other CDA countries for the purpose of understanding best practices and ensuring alignment of efforts.
• Work closely with relevant Cisco global teams including CDA pursuit team, Finance, Legal, Marketing, etc.
• Focus inwardly on the internal consistency of the CDA program, and outwardly on its coherence with other supporting teams and programs (e.g. other Country Team based in Country, and other regional and global teams) and corporate processes (e.g. engagement of internal pre-sales skills)
• Coordinate cross-project/cross CDA Tracks activities and possible interlocks
Who You Are
Government Affairs experience and hands-on exposure to project management and consultative sales and delivery in the government, business and IT space
Expertise in project management, as well as demonstrated strengths in business, change management, technology, and analytical capabilities
Proven ability to link government and business requirements to technology capabilities and vice versa.
Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively within Cisco and senior leaders.
Active passion and experience in innovative technologies.
Desire to continually learn and improve approaches and methodologies.
- Strong experience in business and technology consulting with a strong track record of progressive experience and responsibility. Government affairs experience and knowledge of Cisco products and services.
· Expert level skills in cost management
· Strong project management skills
· Excellent knowledge of procurement processes and models
· Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs
· Solid knowledge of budgeting, expenditure monitoring, revenue tracking and resource allocation procedures
· Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise track leaders on their projects progress in relation to the program
· The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
· Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
Good Knowledge of performance evaluation
Bachelor Degree required, MBA preferred
This role will be based in Dubai. Fluency in English is required and additional languages are preferred.
We connect everything people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we focus on your individual strengths to create best teams. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.