Fairmont CCTV Operator in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our Colleagues, guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a CCTV Operator, your attentiveness, efficiency and commitment will ensure your hotel remains a safe, enjoyable workplace and travel destination.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of seven food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Mediterranean cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Security Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To operate and monitor all systems within the control room in an efficient manner ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with security operating procedure, legislation and Fairmont code of practice/ethics.
- To liaise with the police, service providers and internal concerned departments to ensure that appropriate use of the system.
- To include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules of evidence.
- To record all events and actions taken in a clear, legible and accurate written occurrence book supported by the dedicated Fairmont standards format.
- To provide an efficient and courteous radio and telephone answering service and deal efficiently with all enquires.
- To report equipment failure to the security supervisor to maximize operation of the system.
- To maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the regulations set up by Department of Protective Systems (DPS) and to ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times.
- To maintain the provision of information required by the Security Manager and Assistant Security Manager and to assist the monitoring of the CCTV system in accordance with DPS regulations and the continuity and admissibility of evidential material.
- To support security Manager and Assistant security Manager by providing monitoring of the maintenance agreements to ensure full provision of the system.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in terms of health and safety including appropriate health and safety training.
- To ensure that you approach your duties taking into consideration Fairmont service essential.
- Conduct regular checks on all "field" officers to assure they are alert and carrying out their duties efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in conducting investigations and prepare accompanying investigation reports for cases which occur within the Hotel involving such as:Criminal acts, losses or accidents caused to lives and properties, staff misconduct, cases affecting guests or staff that are of concern to Management.
- Surveillance of hotel staff: Ensure that they abide by House Rules, keep tag on movements of staff who are classified as suspects under investigations.
- Keep peace and order within the premises of the Hotel in dealing with criminals, trespassers or difficult characters.
- Keep the Security Manager and Assistant security Manager constantly posted on all matters of security interest affecting the Hotel and the Department.
- Conduct regular and periodical checks and take immediate follow-up action on all systems including CCTV system.
- Attend meetings and in-service training conducted by the Department. The CCTV system operates 24 hours a day 365 days per year. As such the CCTV Operator will be required to operate on a shift basis to provide full cover for the scheme
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity in a 5 star hotel
Knowledge of operation of the CCTV system
Licensed as a CCTV Operator by DPS
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 28.May.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: PMI01511