Fairmont Accounting Coordinator in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Your role will be to support and assist the Financial Controller by maintaining all administrative functions within the department, positive colleague relations and promote Fairmont Hotels and Resorts company values and culture.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of seven food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Mideterrenean cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Finance, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Balance daily banking to the cash allocated via the Property Manager daily report.
- Assist and support the Financial Comprtoller in all departmental matters
- To ensure all cash is correctly received and banked daily (5 day week).
- To analysis and collect difference in banking reports.
- Reconcile credit card payments via Servebase reports.
- Allocate petty cash, where appropriate, ensuring that the correct paperwork matches all withdrawals.
- Maintain adequate change levels to cope with the business demands.
- Monitor and reconcile Fairmont Gift voucher/card sales
- Maintain cashier’s float as per company guidelines at all times
- Process daily banking journals and periodic petty cash and miscellaneous banking journals
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliation’s for floats and Fairmont Gift Vouchers
- 1-3 years experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own.
- Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 24.Aug.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: PMI01521