Fairmont Storekeeper in Ajman, United Arab Emirates
Responsible for the receiving, storing, issuing and accounting of Finance materials and supplies. Assist the Purchasing Manager & Store Supervisor in the control of all Finance store items and to maintain a fully computerized system for the administration of Finance Maintenance systems.Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To be thoroughly familiar with all spare parts requirements and specifications for all equipment installed in the Hotel.
- Categorize all store areas within his control to ensure spares are readily identified and available when required.
- Control issuance of storeroom items in order to prevent wastage.
- Ensure that any delivered items, comply with the requirements and specifications.
- Maintain day-to-day records for accounting purposes.
- Prepare purchase requests and follow-up with purchasing Department for prompt delivery.
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy all times.
- Ensure cleanliness of appearance and uniform, particularly when working in guest areas.
- Observe and practice safe working methods.
- Attend life safety instruction classes and any other Hotel training schemes.
- Performs related duties and special projects where and when instructed by his supervisor.
- Maintain full flexibility in his attitude to work.
- Work to the highest standards of his trade and conforms to all local codes of practice.
- Inspect supplier’s delivery of Finance materials and supplies for conformity with quantity and quality specifications.
- Store and arranges stocks for ease of issuance, maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storerooms.
- Issue materials and supplies per approved requisitions.
- Keep records of materials received or issued.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for Finance materials and supplies, assists purchasing department.
- Conduct monthly inventory of materials and supplies comparing stock card balances with physical count.
- Compute material costs for work orders.
- Perform duties common to all rank-and-life and non-supervisory personnel and other duties as may be assigned.
- Maintain spare part manuals, catalogues, and list of suppliers.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by department Manager.
Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately
Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues
Ability to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed Ability to handle multi-million inventories.
Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails heavy lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Ajman-The Fairmont Ajman
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 06.Sep.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: AJM00709