Fairmont Assistant Engineering Manager in Ajman, United Arab Emirates
Assistant Engineering Manager
TheAssistant Engineering Managerwill be responsible for the daily operation, repair and maintenance of the Hotel assets, also the supervision and scheduling of technicians and shift engineers.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Planning, delegation of tasks and Inspection of tasks completions.
- Assist theDirector of Engineering in all matters related to the implementation of an effective budget control.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in the creation of an efficient and professional Engineering team.
- Supervise technicians and follow up with contractors under his responsibility for performance, quality of workmanship and attendance at work.
- Ensure Engineering store is correctly maintained and par stock levels maintained
- To supervise strict adherence to safety rules by all colleagues at all times.
- Conduct departmental training and ensure training program and records are up to date.
- Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- To check wastage and ensure optimum usage of material in the operation.
- Ensures adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics brand.
- Other duties as assigned and should be adaptable to situation on emergency/responsible requirements.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
- Minimum one year Engineering Trade Course certificate.
- Minimum one year Industrial Training Institute pass certificate in respective trade.
- 3 years hands-on experience working in respective trade.
- Previous Hotel experience an asset.
- Experience Working in the UAE is an asset.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- A self-starter, take initiative, can make decisions in fast-paced, changing. Environment.
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, and Fidelio PMS systems is recommended.
- Experience in scheduling, implementing and documenting Perpetual
- Preventative Maintenance programs.
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Ajman-The Fairmont Ajman
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 28.Jun.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: AJM00670