AECOM Quantity Surveyor - Abu Dhabi in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Quantity Surveyor - Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join AECOM in Abu Dhabi.
The Quantity Surveyor will report into the (enter title) regarding all matters related to (enter project). The successful applicant will assist in implementing and maintaining all required cost control and audit procedures for all Project Cost Control activities designed to measure a project status and assisting with the measurement of quantities for input into cost plans, cost estimates and bills of quantities.
The Quantity Surveyor’s duties shall include, but not be limited to :
• Assisting in Monitoring Contractors cost control procedures throughout the duration of the project including the: Design Phase, Construction Phase, Final Account & Defects Maintenance Phase
• Assisting in Implementing and maintaining all required cost control and audit procedures for all Project Cost Control Activities designed to measure the project status.
• Assisting in Evaluation all variations, additional works, field changes, additions and omission, and incorporation of the same with the Monthly Cost reports.
• Conducting viability studies and cost estimates.
• Chairing and recording cost review meetings with Contractors.
• -Assisting in preparation of Invitation to Tender Packages.
• Provide assistance to the team during negotiations, arbitration or any other forms of dispute resolution.
• Assisting with the preparation of tender documentation..
• Assist in assessing, evaluation and making recommendations related to any financial claim and providing the necessary input with regards to settling such claims.
• Assist in establishing and maintaining variations and claims registers.
• Assist in evaluation all variations, additional works, field changes, additions and omission, and incorporation of the same with the Monthly Cost reports.
• Provide assistance to the team during negotiations, arbitration, or any other forms of dispute resolution.
• Ability to exercise considerable individual judgement and initiative in conducting the necessary operations within the program.
• Ability to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
• Self-driven – Ability to work independently.
• Perform all tasks in a professional and diligent manner and always treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of professionalism, initiative and creativity.
• Be the ROLE MODEL, Lead by example
• Be CLIENT-FOCUSED, Collaborating with AECOM’s clients
• Be IMPACTFUL, Clear and frequent communications
• Be DECISIVE, Prioritize, focus and accountability
• Safety Competencies :
Lead by example, attend training, ensure resources are available. Engage with clients on safety – set client safety objectives on projects.
Ensure all projects have risk assessments and safety plans in place.
Ensure all communications are published and understood. Start all meetings with a safety moment and visibly lead by example.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Degree in Civil Engineering
• Working towards MRICS membership
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 154311BR