Turner Broadcasting Photojournalist in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Posting Job Title Photojournalist
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The Abu DhabiPhotojournalist is responsible for recording events and stories to the highest ethical, aesthetic, editorial and technical standards. The Photojournalist is expected to function as a valued team member, engaging both operationally and editorially to the team. They are also expected to be able to operate individually depending on the assignment.A Photojournalist handles recording news events and their level of training and experience will entail knowledge that allows them to skill-fully handle photography, audio, logistics and lighting. They will also be able to handle Feature type shooting, interview set ups and Live set ups. They should have knowledge of working with Satellite trucks, Satellite communications, broadband, bonded cel and other feed technologies. They should also ensure that Metadata regarding the shoot is handle properly and completed fully.They are competent NLE editors capable of quick independent editorial decision-making.
Overseas travel is an integral aspect of the job, including hostile environments. They should expect to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days per week as news warrants.
- Newsgathering- Ensures that all pictures and sound gathered as a one man band are of the best quality and properly recorded . Post involves travel and fieldwork as news and features needs dictates. Responding at a moments notice to unexpected breaking news. Need the ability to shoot live shots and set up and operate live equipment using both satellite and DNG equipment. Knowledge and curiosity on current events is necessary.
- Editing/DNG/Producing- Demonstrated Competent editing and use of DNG/Live and FTP capabilities in the field. Using editorial, technical and productions skills to produce content for air. Conceptualizing with reporters and producers to understand story concepts, and provide important feedback to improve on those concepts. Also needs to attend and stay abreast of Company provided Safety and security courses.
- Logistics- Gathering proper gear, setting up logistics, traveling and shipping equipment and getting to the assignment with the proper equipment. Also maintaining and cleaning equipment to ensure the longevity and quality of the CNN Equipment
- Paperwork- Getting expense reports handed in on time. Responsible for accounting of all expenses on corporate credit cards and submitting them in a timely manner per company guidelines; substantiating these expenses is an important part of their jobs
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, TV Production or related field. In lieu of a degree we would consider experience and on the job accomplishment.
- Work experience in hardship locations
- ENG Camera and Field production experience/NLE edit experience
- High level of computer skills
Willingness to travel is required Desirable:
Knowledge of foreign languages (particularly Arabic) is not required but would be an asset.
Please note that this is a physical role which will require heavy lifting.
Closing date: 16/06/2017