Turner Broadcasting Editor / Technical Director in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Posting Job Title Editor / Technical Director
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
CNN’s Abu Dhabi based Editor/TD assumes control room and editing responsibilities. They output the Abu Dhabi based show in all technical operations positions (TD, Direct, Audio, Comms and GFX) and edit packages as needed. The Technical Director functions as a liaison with editorial and engineering and must possess a desire to learn new technologies as they are implemented and willingness to work in other areas as assigned.
What you’ll be doing:
- Editing: The linear and non-linear editing of PKGs, Interviews, VOs and SOTs, full length feature shows and other highly produced segments. This includes editing in the field, DNG, and craft editing.
- Studio/Control Room: The directing and technical directing of live show production. This involves the operation of the vision mixer and audio board, robotic cameras, clear communication with AX and London directors, AD producers, and remote elements. Work with engineering to maintain studio, control room and editing rooms.
- Photojournalism: Setting up, lighting and shooting video for CNN packages. Also, needs to setup and operate live equipment using both satellite and DNG equipment. Ensuring quality of both video and audio meets CNN standards. Operating Handheld camera in studio operations to support show production and special segments.
- MCR: The receiving of various regional satellite feeds, be it live shots or video feeds. By using our receivers, streams or TwoFour54 feeds and central router these feeds can be taken directly into live AD produced shows, ingested or routed out to our links to ATL. Responsible for feeding shows and other material to Atlanta. MCR operations also include the recording or off-air material or agency footage and courtesy dubs as well as quality control of all feeds and live shots.
- Liaise with Engineering to maintain the studios, control rooms and lighting around the building in accordance with requirements for a clean, professional on-air look. Offer symptoms, diagnosis and a history of problems to Engineers
What we’re looking for:
- 4 years in a live television production environment
- 4 years non-linear editing experience - Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premier
- Camera operations
- Field-camera experience
- Second Language skills
- Knowledge of microwave/satellite operations
- Lighting experience in a live and field environment
- University degree in a media type course.
- Time management
- Knowledge of news & current affairs
- Leadership, communication and inter-personal skills
- Highly motivated, organized, works well under pressure
- Open to and accepting of new technology
- Works well in a team and inpressure situations
Closing date: 17thAugust