Fairmont Bar Manager in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
**At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every visit to our restaurants and lounges. The leadership and passion you provide as Bar Manager ensures successful operations and inspires your team to deliver exceptional service and drink offerings to our guests.
Hotel Overview: * *
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Food & Beverage Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the Beverage team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Assist in the recruiting and training of all Beverage Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure that proper control, handling and storage is followed for all stock used
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices and promotions
- Have full knowledge of all Beverage menus
- Manage the departmental budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Address guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food & Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous Point of Sale System experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. For more information about living in Abu Dhabi, we suggest you visit the following websites:
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi-Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 30.May.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: ADC01414