DynCorp International LLC. Aircraft Engine Mechanic in ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates
The Aircraft Engine Mechanic inspects and maintains assigned aircraft engines at the highest quality and safety standards and maintains and assists in the maintenance and troubleshooting of engine related problems.
- Disassemble, inspect and reassemble aircraft engines and engine components as required in the performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- Perform removal and installation of engines on assigned aircraft.
- Perform engine rigging tasks using the applicable technical data for both installed and uninstalled engines and required operation checks of installed engines on aircraft.
- Make all proper entries in the aircraft maintenance records.
- Complete all necessary manual and automated records required by Customer and Company directives.
- Comply with the requirements of the FOD prevention, housekeeping tool control, environmental and safety programs.
- Make operational checks of engines and related systems using external power sources and powered ground equipment.
- Inspect and troubleshoot to determine cause of malfunctions; disassemble to point of trouble; adjust, repair, realign or replaces defective component or assembly.
- Perform tasks under minimum supervision.
- Perform OJT on engine and related systems.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read, apply and interpret technical data.
- Capable of troubleshooting entire aircraft system.
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated systems principles to complete properly all probable work tasks.
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Production and Supply procedures required to perform job assignment.
- Ability to properly use a variety of common hand tools and measuring devices such as gauges, torque wrenches and scales and test, measurement and diagnostic equipment related to specific aircraft models.
- Ability to determine when faulty systems or assemblies can be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
Experience & Education
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems of the type being serviced and their associated components.
- AH 64 D Engine experience required.
- Certification of education level is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work outside with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit in an austere environment.
- May work in an aircraft maintenance hangar.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances in extreme / adverse conditions.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Wearing of hearing, eye protection, ventilation equipment is required while performing some tasks.
- Extended daily driving periods to remote site may be experienced.
- Must be able to work day, swing, night, weekend and/or holiday shifts, as required.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended durations.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, work stands, and aircraft climbing points.
- Must be able to crouch/squat, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee, reach above/below shoulders, rotate at waist and shoulders for extended periods.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to twist, bend, rotate, and extend while lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to differentiate and identify colors.
- Must be able to see imperfections smaller than ¼ inch, read micrometers and other small measuring devices / scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DynCorp Site Manager or designated representative.
- As required in support of task order.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Primary Location: UNITED ARAB EMIRATES-OCONUS-ABU DHABI
Job Posting: May 16, 2017, 5:37:06 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: FN1702145